Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Best way to reduce HRT  (Read 1829 times)

jayneaddo

Best way to reduce HRT
« on: April 10, 2015, 07:25:18 AM »

Hi everyone

I have posted a few times on here and need some advice again? I have recently re added my Estradot patch which I had used happily for a year and then had some bleeding so came off it whilst it was investigated. All clear and didn't go back on until bladder symptoms returned. All settled however due to being made redundant I have put a stone on in weight and consequently the extra oestragen is a bit much at the moment. So until I shift the weight I was going to come back off the patch. I was put on it originally as my symptoms had increased and the consultant said because I had lost so much weight my oestragen levels had dropped. Unlike last time I didn't want to just stop dead. I am on the 25mcg patch plus also take femosten conti 1/5 and vagifem.  What does anyone suggest?
Thanks
Jayne

Sunnydays

Re: Best way to reduce HRT
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 01:13:11 PM »

Hi Jayne,
I haven't gone through a reduction like you're planning to do however, the womens health concern
http://www.womens-health-concern.org/help-and-advice/faqs/hrt/
under their frequently asked questions suggest cutting patches in half then half again.
Hope it helps

Taz2

Re: Best way to reduce HRT
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 02:18:39 PM »

I'm a bit confused (doesn't take much!) but are you saying that because you have put on some weight you feel you don't need HRT?

Taz x