Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Elleste 1mg  (Read 1593 times)

Mand

Elleste 1mg
« on: April 09, 2015, 05:37:41 PM »

Hi, Im new here and have been reading lots of your posts all amazingly helpful, up until today I thought I was going mad !!!

Ive just started on Elleste 1mg coming up to a month now, having my first period for 18 months and Im so low I dont know what to do with myself, I try going for walks to clear my fuzzy head but I ache all over. Feeling very sorry for my self is this normal ?
Started with the meno 4 years ago and have lived with the hot flushes, night sweats, mood swings, lack of sleep but this low is really something else. Does this get easier the longer you are on medication or should i be using something else as well ?

Sorry If i sound whiny just having a really tough week  :(

Taz2

Re: Elleste 1mg
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 05:46:11 PM »

Hi Mand. Welcome to the forum. You will get lots of help and advice on here not to mention laughs along the way as well.

You say you have had your first period for eighteen months. Is it elleste conti? It can take a while to find the right HRT for you so don't give up. It can take up to three months to settle down so you are still early on in the process.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Mand

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 06:00:57 PM »

Hi Taz, thank you for your welcome, really need the support at the moment.

I was on the coil util it ran out and feeling really unwell so the GP said it was time for HRT and has given me Elleste Duet 1mg

any advice is most welcome

Mand x

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 06:21:13 PM »

Hello Mand and welcome to the forum.

Taz is right in that as you have only just started HRT it is early days.
No need to feel guilty about whinning, I am feeling very sorry for myself atm and I could whine for England.
A lot of ladies talk about low mood at this time in our lives so in that respect you are completely normal!

Take care and keep posting.

K.

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 09:09:06 PM »

Hi again Mand. The HRT you are on has Norethisterone as the progesterone and this is known to cause low mood, depression and pmt type feelings in some women. This could be why you are feeling low at the moment. This may even out over the next couple of months but, if not, then you could go back to your GP and ask for an HRT with a different type of progesterone. The drop down boxes at the top of the screen will give you different types of HRT so it would be worth having a look to find the ones without norethisterone. If you go for patches then FemSeven are kinder although they do tend to be tricky to get to stick! Evorel is the other type of patch but this again does have norethisterone.

The "period" is really just a "bleed" due to the withdrawal of the progesterone at the end of the pack of HRT. This keeps your womb lining healthy and thin. It is common for the first few bleeds to be heavier and more painful but this should settle as your body gets used to the HRT.

Please feel free to ask any questions you need to. Nothing is too trivial on here!

Taz x  :hug: