Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: New and Feeling Urggh  (Read 2881 times)

NettyJay

New and Feeling Urggh
« on: November 16, 2015, 07:22:02 PM »

I'm 50. What a year! Have moved from the north of England to the South. Missing friends. Got married. Now living in a house that's being renovated - builders here from morning until evening. Feeling even more stressed than usual. Very achy bones. Today calf muscle sore. Periods sort of regular - this month 4 normal days of bleeding, and then light spotting. A week early. Also very slight continuous period pain. Indigestion. Everything getting me down. Becoming a hypochondriac. I had to have a medical for an insurance company - was convinced they'd find something sinister in the blood tests/other tests. (They didn't). Bored doctor kept asking me why I looked so anxious. I am always anxious and feel I can never relax! Husband tries to understand and I know it should help but it doesn't. Sorry for all the moaning...

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New and Feeling Urggh
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 07:24:21 PM »

You moan away - it's a common symptom here  ;):welcomemm:

Browse round.  Make notes.  Indigestion is 'common' as is diagnosis of hiatus hernia - we have threads  ::) as well as various aches and pains as oestrogen levels drop - we have a thread on vaginal atrophy which can be a problem as skin thins. 

Ask away!

NettyJay

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 07:26:25 PM »

Thanks - it is a great forum!

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 07:27:38 PM »

We talk about menopause sometimes  ;)

SadLynda

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 11:40:02 AM »

welcome NettyJay, all sounds normal to me :( I am 49.

Assuming your Doctor said nothing about perimeno? try another doctor ::) some of them have actually heard of it.

Dont worry, there is help out there.

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 01:19:14 PM »

Hello NettyJay and welcome to the forum.

You will get plenty of help and support from this site. You are not alone with your struggles at this time.

Take care and keep posting.

K.

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 04:06:19 PM »

Hi NettyJay

:welcomemm: from me too!

Hurdity x

Dandelion

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 05:19:19 PM »

hi and welcome

You will find loads of help here. This site enabled me to push for the right dose hrt, because doctors were not willing to do it, due to migraines.
The site also enabled me to find other ways of helping the flushes, like putting a fan by the bed, when I was on too low a dose of hrt.
I love my hrt, and its really easy now I am in the swing of inserting utro high enough for it not to fall down when I want a wee.
I insert the tablets in a squatting position, like tampons, and this way, I can get them up past that 'ledge' thing-what I call it, the bit where your vagina turns in the other direction towards the womb.
Utrogestan is the best progestin for me, but docs have trouble with this, and one didn't even make the effort to look as she thought i was trying to get her to prescribe stuff from american pharms, but i told her to look for micronised and she struggled. She left  now and another doctor was only too pleased to order it in, when i gave more details.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2015, 07:17:15 PM »

Thanks for the up-date Dandelion !  :)