Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Happy teenage memories  (Read 8229 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Happy teenage memories
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2015, 09:41:20 PM »

Nope  ;D ………. no one wanted to play with us, we were a huge family ……….  ::)

Joyce

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2015, 10:04:00 PM »

At 16, my mother letting me go on a ski trip with church to Glenshee. Slept in bunks, clothes never dried out from day to day. Power cuts at night due to strikes. Oh & standing outside to wash our dishes in freezing cold water. It was brilliant time!

CJ-sleepless

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2015, 09:38:17 AM »

Anything by ELO reminds me of my first love - dated from age 14 to 18 - many happy soppy memories :)  Whenever I hear the Carpenters it takes me back to childhood - my mother always had it on in the kitchen while she baked - that and Crystal Gale.  My mum was and is a big Terry Wogan fan and always had Radio 2 on - one year on her birthday she got a request played it absolutely made her year - and whenever I hear the track - Love Is In The Air - it takes me back to that day - she didn't stop grinning all day long - and she even managed to record it on the reel-to-reel tape player - that's how long ago it was lol (I was about 12 I think).  Never ceases to amaze me how songs, or smells etc, can instantly transport us to memories, both happy or otherwise - can't imagine life without those moments!

babyjane

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2015, 11:45:19 AM »

The Air That I Breathe and Seasons in the Sun still reduce me to mush  :wub:

Joyce

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2015, 01:50:34 PM »

Another memory, aged 16/17 sitting on pier Brodick, listening to Sitting on the Dock of the Bay. Earlier one was a trip Doon the Watter to Tighnabruaich at about age 11 Mama's Papas song onboard, can't  remember which one. Every time I hear it I'm transported back to the scenery up the Clyde on return journey. Magic!
Pages: 1 [2]