Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Stopped HRT, feel loads better...  (Read 29069 times)

Taz2

Re: Stopped HRT, feel loads better...
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2015, 06:55:58 AM »

I went back on a cycle HRT at 58 Cazi. It worked really well. Just a small bleed lasting two to three days each month. I too had fibroids - not sure on the size but they found four when they examined my womb after hysterectomy. I had continuous bleeding on the conti HRT - patches and pills did the same. Why not at least ask your GP if you can try out a sequi one again. Patches are considered the best bet for us "more mature" ladies.

Taz x  ;D

Cazikins

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2015, 02:42:49 PM »

Thanks Taz but I don't get on with patches at all - I come out in an awful red patch on my skin (I've got pics of them, I'll send them to you if you like  ;D ;D.

I think if I go back & ask GP for a sequi type I will get it but do I want to go through all this again if they don't suit me, or they insist I come off because of my age.
I know you have said on here before about coming off HRT at a younger age when you feel fitter & stronger etc, rather than older & weaker, but I also know I'm like you & things/circumstances change in our lives.
Oh Taz it's a bl**dy minefield even after all this time & all they years  we've been on here.

I will certainly see how things go & at least I do still have an option.
Thanks again
Cazi xx

Hurdity

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2015, 08:49:18 PM »

Hi again Cazikins

I'm still on a cycle at 62!! Still having withdrawal bleeds.....

I had investigations done a couple of years ago and also had a small fibroid found but it was only about 1 cm - the consultant wasn't worried about it and I haven't had bleeding problems with it ( ie always bleed at the "right" time).

Maybe a sequi HRT isn't ideal in your case if you do have several fibroids that are a bit larger - but surely worth a try to see if you could have a predictable bleed and some respite? Have you thought of a Mirena coil which is recommended for those wanting to take HRT with fibroids although it apparently can cause irregular bleeding initially.

Also gel is another transdermal method (if getting oestrogen) that should be better if you are allergic to patches. Personally if I was restarting at your age I would prefer to use transdermal HRT if possible.

Hurdity x

Cazikins

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2015, 09:09:09 PM »

Hi Hurdity
I have had 4 mirena coils Hurdity. The last one was removed 2 years ago this June when I decided it was time to try without HRT, didn't work out too well then either so Dec 2013 I went back on HRT for 10 months I had this constant bleeding (well 3 out of 4 weeks). It made me so weak & tired, washed out etc.
The coil & HRT tablets worked well for me for several years but I just got it in my head that I had to try & stop & move on.  :-\
I did try gel at some stage about 5 years ago but after 2 or 3 weeks I got a rash on my upper arms which meant I couldn't continue with it.
I don't know what to do - plod on for a bit more & see how bad it gets. If I get desperate enough I shall have to give it another go.
Cazi x
Pages: 1 [2]