Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: weak and wobbly and new heights of health anxiety  (Read 8398 times)

Kathleen

Re: weak and wobbly and new heights of health anxiety
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2015, 03:28:48 PM »

Hello gilaray.

As you can tell, digestive issues are also a common problem with the menopause. My trusty book explains that our hormones affect gut motility with oestrogen speeding everything up and progesterone slowing it down. Apparently constipation is more likely as we get further into the menopause.

On this journey I've kind of toyed with health anxiety. I wondered if my headaches were a brain tumour ( my mother died of one ) and thought my painful feet were arthritis ( turns out it is where I've been resting them on the edge of the coffee table )   however I do fret a lot about my bowels with any gurgling sending me into a panic.

I am one of the ladies who suffers from the regular quivery, jittery, ill at ease type hormonal anxiety and that seems to dominate at the moment!

Sending hugs your way. Take care.

K.

rebelyell

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2015, 04:22:35 PM »

Thanks for the birthday wishes CKLD!  Feeling quite positive today!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2015, 04:52:28 PM »

You are welcome  :cupcake:

How are you celebrating?

rebelyell

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2015, 05:13:57 PM »

It was yesterday, went for meal and my present is a spa day next week can't wait!

jgr

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2015, 05:16:57 PM »

Yes this all sounds so familiar. Like a lot of the posts say, never had any probs with stomach issues until i entered this delightful phase.
I have also noticed this weak wobbly feeling in my legs when walking (which is a new one to my other probs)and of course with the anxiety it will be something worse....NOT. What a journey this is. Keep your chin up i have heard that there is light at the end of the tunnel, but it is a heck of a long tunnel.  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2015, 06:46:55 PM »

… as long as the light at the end isn't that train coming towards me  :o

I have never worried that it will be anything worse than vomiting bug …….. had cancer, undergone lots of dental treatment, if I take medication for a head ache and the pain goes away ……..

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2015, 02:15:59 PM »

I love this forum. You learn new stuff all the time.

I never realised that low oestrogen can cause bowel/stomach problems? My period finally arrived last weekend, over a week late, and with it came the horrible anxiety/jittery feelings and random insomnia  :'(

But just to make the experience even more delightful my stomach has been gurgling like mad, and I have had diarrhoea every day for the last 6 days  :( I have been trying to eat normally and regularly, but everything is just going straight through me. I have lost 4lbs this week as a result :-\

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2015, 03:01:31 PM »

Could be hormone upheaval.  I remember that when I was menstruating regularly, if my period was going to come on I would have a bout of 'the runs' 10 mins before the bleed began - particularly if I wasn't 'due' a period  >:( which made travelling anywhere at all impossible 'cos when I had to go ……. so our days out, holidays, long walks were routed round my calendar  ::) ……… is the diarrhoea painful, cramping, watery, bloody? if not it's almost certainly HORMONES  :-X …….

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2015, 06:42:18 PM »

Hi CLKD :)

Yes, looking back to when my periods were heavier and more 'normal' I would often get diarrhoea just a few hours before my bleed. I'd forgotten that.

At the moment my diarrhoea isn't watery, or bloody. Just very, very loose and when I have to go I need to go NOW  :o

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2015, 07:01:56 PM »

Yep.  That sounds familiar.  OK if you aren't planning any trips!
Pages: 1 [2]