Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Abufen anyone?  (Read 2387 times)

marras

Abufen anyone?
« on: April 01, 2015, 05:47:47 PM »

Hi lovely ladies, a friend of mine who lives in France has come off HRT after many years and her GP in France has prescribed Abufen for her hot flushes. She has been on it for several months now and it has stopped the flushes. Has anyone heard of Abufen or used it in this country?

bramble

Re: Abufen anyone?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 05:57:13 PM »

How strange - it is an anti-inflammatory containing diclofenac which I think was banned here a few years ago. I used to get it for joint pain.

Bramble

marras

Re: Abufen anyone?
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 08:27:15 AM »

Hi, having done a bit more research via 'Gransnet' it would appear that this drug is actually called Abufene (with an accent over the 'e'). Its active ingredient is Beta-alanine and other ingredients are: Magnesium stearate and glycerol palmiitsostearate silica.
The information on the site I looked at was all in French,
however, Google supplies a translation! Quote: How it works: Beta-alanine, pure amino acid, would act on the peripheral vasolidating phenomena as non-hormonal inhibitor flushing menopause. Unquote.
However, it isn't available in this country. But my friend  in France is having great  relief from her flushes with it.