Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Feeling Terrible with Anxiety.  (Read 5887 times)

sandy

Feeling Terrible with Anxiety.
« on: April 03, 2015, 06:24:07 AM »

This is the second morning i have been feeling really bad with Anxiety , feel very restless hot and clamy , been up since 5am , tried to force some ginger biscuits down me but not feeling hungry at all .

I have been back on my Ads ( sertraline ) for coming up to 3 weeks on Monday , but i feel worse than ever , just wish they would hurry up and start to work , i have spent a lot of money trying alternative supplements , but nothing seems to work for me , i also take Beta Blockers , which i have been on for about 2 years .

I seem to come round in the afternoon , but the following morning back to square one , i take my Ads at teatime , i am wondering if its the Ads that making me feel this bad , i have been on Ads before , and i do remember them taking a couple of months before  they started to work , but i never remember been this bad on a morning.

I am really fed up with all this , its ruining my quality of life , i feel for all the other ladies on hear going through the same thing . :

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Feeling Terrible with Anxiety.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 08:14:52 AM »

IT must by the time of year.  What have you been prescribed anti-depressant medication for? 

Supplements won't help!  Do you take the Betablocaka every night?

rosebud57

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 08:26:30 AM »

Supplements can work, if you are deficient, but it takes time.

Most people are low in Vit D3 this time of year and it is particularly important for those who suffer from SAD.

You really need to start taking in the autumn.

babyjane

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 09:07:13 AM »

My vitamin D is borderline.  I was given D3 supplements but they aggravated my kidneys, same as happened with calcium supplement. I ended up at the hospital so that's something else I can't have.

However some supplements are helpful if managed carefully and not taken just for the sake of it  :)

Sarai

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 09:14:28 AM »

Babyjane, vitamin D3 is terrible for side effects I have just suffered major side effects from mega doses of it. Never again will I take that dreadful stuff.

babyjane

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 09:16:51 AM »

sorry to hear you suffered too. I had no end of tests at the hospital until one bright doctor noticed I was on calcium and D3 and deduced that I was suffering from hypercalcaemia.  Supplements stopped and soon symptoms all went away.

Sarai

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 09:17:44 AM »

Sandy, I'm with you, this anxiety is dreadful. I am on sertraline have been for 4 years and was doing great until recent events sent me down a dark hole.
I do remember that when I went on them my anxiety got a whole lot worse for awhile, quite awhile actually.
I'm very cross that 75mg is not now enough to control anxiety along with propranolol too. I just need one tiny thought and boom there it is.
I will give all my savings to the person who fixes my anxiety issues because frankly I am sick of it.

Sarai

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2015, 09:20:39 AM »

Babyjane, I was given 40000 to take every week, I managed 4 lots, it was absolute hell. Shaking, weakness, diahorria (sp) loss of appetite, odd taste, low blood sugars. I've been off them 3 weeks and still feeling the effects. My level went from 18 to 97 in those weeks, unheard of according to my gp. My packet did not even have a list of side effects in it.

babyjane

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2015, 09:33:39 AM »

whoa, my goodness me, that sounds a lot. My dose was 800 daily, so 5,600 a week.

rosebud57

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2015, 09:37:31 AM »

Mega doses are hardly ever a good idea.

I take Vit D3 through the winter but I would never take more than the recommended dose.

They affect calcium levels as well so taking them with a calcium supplement sounds iffy to me. :-\ :-\

Sarai

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2015, 10:08:07 AM »

rosebud57 I realise mega doses are bad now. But I was prescribed them by the gp who said it was guidelines to prescribe that amount to get a level up quickly.
Now I wish I had never taken them. I have told him to document the effects too, even his nhs list of side effects says nothing about all I experienced and I have now found on the net all the side effects.

Taz2

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2015, 10:19:09 AM »

40,000 a week is the normal dose if levels are particularly low i.e. anything under 20. The dose is supposed to be split into two 20,000 units over the week. Your level should rise to over 80 but under 120 within a month of this and then you can have a maintenance dose. My level was not particularly low - 40 - and I was advised to use the spray which delivers 400 a day - 2,800 a week. I haven't had my levels tested again but my muscle cramps and aches and pains are much better.  Not sure if you've seen these comments Sarai? http://www.patient.co.uk/forums/discuss/vitamin-d-deficiency-83534

Taz x

Sarai

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2015, 10:54:54 AM »

Taz2 I was not particularly suffering I don't think. I had just had surgery and was shaky with palpitations. Pain is normal for me. I am very sensitive to any meds so this was too much for me, I felt like death on it. And I have not seen a single benefit to now having high levels. I wish I never had it. I lost 7 weeks so far of my life. Never again.

Taz2

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2015, 11:17:02 AM »

Sounds horrible - although your levels are not overly high. Up to 108 is considered good and is especially the case for conditions such as M.E. and fibromyalgia. I do hope you feel better soon. Do you know what your current level is?

Taz x

sandy

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2015, 11:47:40 AM »

Hi , I take Ads for the Anxiety , and i also take a Beta Blockers for the palpitations that i get , I am not depressed but Doctor said Ads work for Anxiety , but they do take quite a while to work.

Having Anxiety is a terrible feeling ,  ( i just want to feel normal again ) , its really nice to know that there are people on this site , who understand what you are going through , as they are going through the same thing , or have been through it ,  and you are a lovely bunch of ladies.
Pages: [1] 2