Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How often are your hormones checked?  (Read 3936 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: How often are your hormones checked?
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2015, 11:38:28 AM »

Yep.  I would like to get all the GPs into one chilly barn and keep them there until they LISTEN  :beat:

BrightLight

Re: How often are your hormones checked?
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2015, 11:58:15 AM »

Do our hormone levels fluctuate as widely in post menopause?

Perhaps in the absence of any testing our GPs should have a big tick list of symptoms that are oestrogen / progestrone/ testosterone/ and everything else-one related so they have a better idea of what's going on in our bodies. (Can I  finish this post like most of my others - "Mine are clueless" )  :-\

GG x

After menopause I understand hormones level off and presume some ladies are fine with lower levels and some aren't.

I agree about relating symptoms to certain hormones but there isn't mainstream reference to this and some overlap. Within the limited time with a GP it's my understanding that hot flashes, vaginal dryness and mood swings are the main symptoms they attribute and treat for and all are said to be low estrogen. I presume this is because the drugs are trialled and researched on this basis and not because other symptoms aren't relevant and give clues to which hormone imbalance a woman is particularly bothered by. I honestly think premenopause it's hard to treat specifically with current thinking.
Pages: 1 [2]