Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: guests !  (Read 9003 times)

honeybun

Re: guests !
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2015, 08:22:07 PM »

Only three days Limpy  ;D

After three hours I have had enough.

My little dog has never had fleas up until now of course. She gets treated regularly and then all you can do is hope. I just can't keep her off furniture, she thinks she is a cat and jumps and climbs.
I don't allow her on our bed...that's just not an option...even though she doesn't like it at all.

I used to love entertaining and having people to stay. Not any more. Is this just an age thing....an I have enough to do already thing....or I just can't be bothered. All I know is I just can't be bothered any more.

Honeybun
X

dazned

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2015, 08:39:37 PM »

Me neither . I just can't relax the same even when they are very good friend's  :-\

Mind you I always preferred to go to them then I could leave when I'd had enough,or they had enough of me  ;D

Galadriel

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2015, 08:52:20 PM »

Hehehe! Not just me and my sensitive nose then?  My outlaws were here for my birthday (not my bloomin idea) and I could smell 'em before I got further than the back door. Smelly shoes in my kitchen... made me  :sick02:

I like guests visiting when we agree dates (not have them foisted on us), they stay for max 3-4 days and help out when they are here and I'm still at work.

The outlaws landed on us, I waited on them and then they went home without much thanks.

Limpy

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2015, 08:56:20 PM »

The daft thing is I feel like that even when I LIKE the the guests.

Think Galadriel's right about agreeing dates and not having them foisted on us.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2015, 10:41:32 PM »

You took the words out of my mouth Limpy - except in our house, 'guests are like meat; 1st day they are OK, 2nd day they go off, 3rd day …….. '

Talking of fleas I've been bitten  >:( ………… and I don't think by fleas  :-\

GeordieGirl

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2015, 01:04:21 PM »

I love guests although once a cousin from overseas came to stay....and by week 6 my patience was severely stretched.  ???Fortunately she got the hint eventually (and hasn't been invited back since). 

I find having teenage girls usually keeps visitors at bay, or to shorter visits. Can't possibly understand why?  ;D

GG x

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2015, 01:46:40 PM »

I haven't hosted an over-nighter for 12 years.  When we lived by the coast we had regular visitors for 2 weeks at a time, we both continued working or going to Lectures.  They had to make their own entertainment in the day time.  One guy lands intermittently from Down Under and he's no trouble, I make the bed up, give him a key and he's in and out as necessary. 

Are you still browing, potential guests >wave<  :lol:  come on in and join us!

dazned

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2015, 01:54:14 PM »

Yes they still a bit shy  ;D

Whoo hooo come on in all welcome x

Dorothy

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2015, 02:22:58 PM »

Well as you've just compared them to fleas  >:( and said that they will stink after 3 days (or even 3 hours)  :o do you still expect them to join us?  ;D ;D ;D

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2015, 02:51:32 PM »

Yep - they'll be in Good Company  ;) ……….

Kathleen

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2015, 03:43:10 PM »

Hello ladies.

I had to comment on this one.
I am pretty anti social these days so any thought of a human guest fills me with panic, I do have a flea story though.
When one of our cats had fleas I managed to catch one of the critters, place it on a glass slide and put it under the children's microscope.  The kids were less than impressed but I thought it was educational  (David Attenborough eat your heart out ).

Best wishes ladies and take care.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2015, 09:56:44 PM »

Fleas stick to surface tension as I found out when I thought I had flushed 11 down our loo  :o - wrong  ;D ……… they jumped from the water onto the porcelain and sat in wait …………  ;D
Pages: 1 [2]