Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Angina  (Read 2326 times)

lancashirelass

Angina
« on: March 27, 2015, 12:09:22 PM »

Has anyone experience of this.  My mum has just been diagnosed apparently my grandfather had it diagnose din his 60s lived until 91.  It has really alarmed me as I take bp meds as Zoladex sent my bp and it never settled again.  It is controlled now but I'm panicking now that it might be hereditary.

Any advice/experiences welcomed

GeordieGirl

Re: Angina
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 12:14:48 PM »

I don't know much about it but I do know my mum's a sufferer (amongst a lot of other ailments). She's now 84 and currently two timing her boyfriend so it's not really stopping her in her tracks too much...

I'm sure someone will be around soon with more information but it's probably something that's controllable once diagnosed.

GG x

lancashirelass

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 12:46:47 PM »

Good for her! I havent heard two timing in eons

rosebud57

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 12:51:44 PM »

My Mother has had angina since her early sixties.  She actually had a very small heart attack then.  However she is still around and is in her 90th year so it not necessarily life limiting.

What I would say though is that she smoked from the age of 17 until about 80 and I'm sure that is probably the cause.  With all these things there is usually a lifestyle element.

Even if it's in your genes, if you look after yourself that is just as important to avoiding this type of ailment. :hapij:   

lancashirelass

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 01:21:20 PM »

My mum is.slim exercises never smoked but has had a lot of stress as my stepdad has dementia and.it hard affected her a lot.