Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Plane crash in the Alps  (Read 21215 times)

Joyce

Re: Plane crash in the Alps
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2015, 03:09:36 PM »

Oh dear, now saying pilot had sick note which should have prevented him flying, but they were ripped up.

Suzi Q

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2015, 01:12:43 PM »

:-\   â€¦â€¦â€¦.   :'(

another reason not to fly - hopefully it's not an attack of some kind
Now seems hes been hiding an illness sick notes galore found at his parents.
Im a terrible flyer scared s.....s white knuckle hail mary etc and Im not a Catholic everytime we take off@Land
Turbulence Im at screaming point. BUT the ONE bloody thing Ive held on to is THE PILOT wants to get home safe
NOW what? And to do what that man did is so unbelivable yet in the last 10 yrs over a 1000 people have died
Due to Pilots suicide makes u think ahhhhh what makes me so different to anyone else flying next week to UK@EU

Dorothy

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2015, 07:53:47 PM »

You are probably safer flying now than any other time - everyone will be very aware of safety and keeping an eye on everyone else, plus most airlines are saying 2 people have to be there at all times in future.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2015, 11:03:23 PM »

Rynair and EasyJet have already decided to have 3 in the Cabin  ::) - years ago that was so anyway, a Captain, a Pilot and the Navigator ………

SuziQ - you'll be OK - your nerves might not be, but you will  ;) - when's your Flight?

Suzi Q

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2015, 10:27:10 AM »

CLKD you were right NOT to speculate in the begining. Its amazing just HOW fast Black box was released?
But I supposes after the MESS Ma;aysian made in the loss and not found last March and again in December
Neither plane has as yet bee found. But now it seems its beyond doubt it was a a deliberate act.
Sick notes prev mental health issues he shouldnt have even been flying according to his NOn airline GP
As for the ex GF well what ever she says Im sorry I take with a pinch of salt. Still doesnt alter the facts.
His breathing was normal not ragged He had to switch the alitimeter  from 36.000 to 1000 ft only done by hand.
Theres no other way that could have been done but by a deliberate act. How sick he must have been.
To not care about the children and babies if knowone else. It was a wicked act no other word for t.
If he wanted to ie he could have done it a 100 ways but to do it and take over 150 people with u
Well he wont be getting in to heavan any time soon

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2015, 10:28:07 AM »

>wave< SuziQ

tiger74

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2015, 10:37:02 AM »

As the wife of an Airbus A320 pilot I know that much of what has been written about the aircraft itself (e.g. cockpit door locking procedures/mechanism) in the broadcast and printed media since this incident is factually incorrect.  Some of it is, however, factually correct.  I would not claim to know what else is true or untrue as regards all the rest of the details.   

Rynair and EasyJet have already decided to have 3 in the Cabin

CKLD - I hope that the flight crew are on the flight deck during the flight not in the cabin

Not sure when you last flew but there have not been 3 flight crew routinely operating on the flight deck in the vast majority of commercial aircraft for a great many years.  This would only happen during periodic aircrew checks.       

CLKD

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2015, 10:38:27 AM »

:-\  ……… I've never flown.  Can't face being shut in a 'smartie' tube with 100s of others  :-X

This morning I can't even manage a cuppa let alone a holiday  :'(

tiger74

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2015, 11:12:09 AM »

:-\  ……… I've never flown. 

Personally I think that's a shame CKLD but it's obviously your choice.  Have you ever been tempted?  There are some excellent "overcoming fear of flying courses".  I can't imagine how my life would have been without flying as part of my careers in the military and subsequently in business and for leisure and voluntary work abroad.  We all have a choice, I know some people (not many) who won't fly, I also know several who have wanted to overcome their fear of flying and have successfully achieved that.

...... this wouldn't stop me.  I don't want to live my life worrying about 'what if'.

Absolutely, Littleminnie, letting a one-off incident affect one's lifestyle choices isn't my bag either.

honeybun

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2015, 11:17:02 AM »

Easier said than done when you have generalized anxiety. Flying never used to bother me at all but now unless my mode of transport will stop and let me out when I want then it's a no go. I'm not scared of flying, I just generally scared and no course is going to help with that.

Kind of limits where you can go though, but hey ho it could be worse.

Honeyb
x

Joyce

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2015, 11:24:21 AM »

I used to love flying. Nowadays not so easy, due to anxiety. Last year's trip home from St Lucia being a prime example. Plane crashes are not what causes the anxiety with me, it's being hemmed in. Get it on trains & buses now. If I can't get an aisle seat it's purgatory. Hubby's happy he gets window seat every trip now instead of us having to toss a coin.  :)

Hurdity

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2015, 11:59:20 AM »

I absolutely hate flying and it terrifies me but have sort of overcome this in the last few years, as until recently most of my life I had not flown more than 2 or 3 times until about 10 years ago. I just decided I wanted to see places (when I was 50 and flew to Prague) and hadn't been able to do so with 4 children - due to cost and logistics. Still haven't been on a long haul flight though - longest has been 4 1/2 hours! Flying to Spain just after Easter - in an airbus!

Not sure why people keep talking about suicide - yes it was that, but it was mass murder of the most horrific kind - as bad as a suicide bomber in its outcome - presumably for different reasons (although perhaps fundamentally the same driving force ie mental instability). I still don't think you can definitely guarantee that this sort of thing won't happen again - but thankfully it is extremely rare.

Hurdity x

tiger74

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2015, 12:21:13 PM »

I just generally scared and no course is going to help with that.

Actually the 'Fearless Flyers' course my friend did recently was designed to teach people techniques to deal with anxiety in all sorts of situations.

honeybun

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2015, 12:46:53 PM »

I'm like CG. I don't like the thought of being stuck somewhere with absolutely no option of getting out. I also don't like trains or buses, in fact a long car journey can be a challenge.

Anxiety can be very limiting to say the least.

Honeyb
x

GeordieGirl

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2015, 01:00:09 PM »

I just generally scared and no course is going to help with that.

Actually the 'Fearless Flyers' course my friend did recently was designed to teach people techniques to deal with anxiety in all sorts of situations.

Apparently there was some consultant on This Morning late last year that helped break phobias down to conquer them - with great results too. A friend who travels a lot has their number as a contingency but hypnosis has helped a little up to now.

I travel widely for my work so fortunately the only phobia I have is other people on the flight (especially those who dribble on your shoulder or who fart for most of the journey  :o )    That said, I would much rather travel by car as at least you have a good view and can stop off wherever the mood takes you.

GG x
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6