Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Plane crash in the Alps  (Read 21208 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Plane crash in the Alps
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2015, 12:55:25 PM »

I am being practical.  Until the Report is published  :-\

I have gone back to the various bits of information issued today by French prosecutors : i.e. - "The sounds of a chair being pushed back" …….. don't think chairs in the cockpit are pushable  :-\ surely everything is fixed down ………… and how does the black box determine if a sound is of a chair being pushed 'back' or 'forwards', 'sideways'     :-\ how do we know that the person giving the up to date details is being quote correctly?  We don't.  It would be interesting to be privy to the info that the relatives have been given ………

I am not arguing with you, what you state is what has been reported by the Press.  But it is too early to be certain.  Do you not agree that such reporting should be banned until an Official Report is released?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 09:47:32 AM by CLKD »

CLKD

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2015, 12:58:40 PM »

["We hear several cries from the captain asking to get in. Through the intercom system he identifies himself - but there is no answer. He knocks on the door and asks for it to be opened - but there is no answer."

[Mr Robin said that after entry to the cockpit was denied, the sound of breathing from inside the cockpit was heard and this sound carried on until the moment of impact.

["The co-pilot was still alive at this point," Mr Robin said. … ]

'denied' is an emotive word to use.  The co-pilot could have been collapsed, struggling with controls so unable to reach to open the door, he/she could have been  ??? and as for the screams of passengers being heard ……… don't know if these are recorded on the black boxes ………. sadly however it is reported, it is speculation until an Office Report and Inquest is issued which could be months.  Awful for all concerned.  Awful that relatives now have such issues to deal with.

Now going to watch the BBC1 news ……. carefully.

rosebud57

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2015, 01:00:24 PM »

Absolutely not the information is in the publics interest.

If the crash was caused by a fault on the plane I would want to know before I got on one.

The 'official report' could take months.  That's too long.

This is an 'official news conference'.  That's official enough for me.

I did not intend to be nasty.  Just speaking my mind just like you do. 

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2015, 01:33:44 PM »

:'(  I am still in denial ........ have watched the BBC coverage - 'appears' is the word used at the beginning of the Ms Robin's Press Conference who states that 'they' have listened to the voice recorder   ........   it would seem that if the other black box is found mechanical answers may over-ride this .......... of course the World media are now descending on the town where the co-pilot lived .........

Dorothy

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2015, 02:28:11 PM »

My thoughts are with the bereaved families and friends.  Bad enough to lose someone you love so tragically.  Ten times worse to have to deal with a media circus at the same time.  :'(  I feel especially sorry for any relatives and friends of the co-pilot.  Whatever the truth of this situation, they will still have to deal with trial-by-media. 

honeybun

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2015, 03:37:58 PM »

It's one thing to deal with the aftermath of an accident but this must just be torture.

If it was suicide by the co pilot, to take all those other people with him is just unbelievable.

Poor poor souls and so unnecessary.

Honeybun
X

Joyce

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2015, 03:55:05 PM »

Families would have been more forgiving if an actual accident, after all accidents happen. But to be left with the torture of knowing it was a deliberate act, doesn't bare thinking about. Feel so sorry for all those bereaved families.

I doubt the authorities would release this sort of information, without being fairly sure of what happened. The button in question cannot be switched on accidentally.

Limpy

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2015, 06:54:53 PM »

It does look like the authorities have enough information to assess what has happened, even without the other black box.

The whole thing is so, so, sad.

Dana

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2015, 06:22:17 AM »

It seems fairly cut and dried now CLKD. It's not just "speculation". The plane "appears" to have been intentionally crashed. Whether this was because the co-pilot was on a suicide mission, or someone else was in the cockpit with him, still remains to be established, although the co-pilot was known to have issues with depression.

In a way it's a relief that it doesn't appear to be a fault with the plane, but on the other hand, the fact that there is a possibility that a pilot can possibly murder so many people is frightening. However, it's not the first time this has happened, and it probably won't be the last.

The pilot left behind in the cockpit can override the key pad outside by flicking a switch to lock the door from the inside. This was intended to be a safety precaution to keep out a terrorist who may be able to get the combination to the keypad from the cabin crew. However, on this occasion it hasn't worked in their favour, because it has kept out the very person who could have saved everyone. So sad for everyone involved.

This is the reason I refuse to fly anymore. I know people say you have more chance of being killed in a car accident, but you also have a good chance of surviving too, especially with modern cars. Rarely does anyone survive a plane falling out of the sky. Also, a car accident is over within a few seconds, so if you're going to die it's probably not a bad way to go. However, it can take a long time for a plane to fall from 30,000 feet, and that's a long time to think about what's going to happen to you.

rosebud57

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2015, 08:55:16 AM »

I think you're right Dana.  Most people don't really like flying.  I'm better than I was but it's always a relief to get off.  My brother was a RAF aircraft technician and he does not like flying.  As for helicopters he would never voluntarily get on one.  Years ago he stopped my parents having a free helicopter ride at an RAF open day.  He was not prepared to let them take the risk.  They drop like a stone. 

GeordieGirl

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2015, 09:33:16 AM »

However, it can take a long time for a plane to fall from 30,000 feet, and that's a long time to think about what's going to happen to you.

The recording from the black box suggested that there were only screams in the very last few seconds, before that the passengers didn't realise what was happening. The end would have been very quick for them, although such a sad and unnecessary way to go.

What on earth is going on in someone's mind to kill so many innocent people in  their own suicide bid?  Absolutely tragic.

GG X

littleminnie

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2015, 09:39:58 AM »

I don't like flying either but this wouldn't stop me.  I don't want to live my life worrying about 'what if'.

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2015, 09:49:00 AM »

:'(

GeordieGirl

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2015, 12:17:38 PM »

I don't mind flying ....but then I live with two teenage girls so few things scare me  :)
We're flying off to Switzerland over Easter and I'm so hoping there won't be seats together at check in. Of course I'll be the one who offers to sit separately from them both ....

GG x

littleminnie

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2015, 01:42:42 PM »

Why the crying face CLKD?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6