Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Perimenopause what a nightmare  (Read 7785 times)

Amandajane46

Perimenopause what a nightmare
« on: January 16, 2015, 07:59:21 PM »

Hi I'm new here started perimenopause about 14 months ago I felt so ill and thought something was terribly wrong with me did not know what I was going through or what was happening I see about 18 different doctors and was at hospital every day for 2/1/2 weeks thought I had viral meningitis it was very scary at the time I had inner trembling in my legs felt so hot that I wanted to strip off and headaches ,nervous , panic attacks pain in my neck n shoulders , whooshing in my ears  and this weird feeling over my eyes like worms crawling. Legs like jelly and feeling of dread I only discovered 2 months ago that it was perimenopause it's been hell not 1 doctor recongnised my symptoms can't beleave this I went see a councillor and she told me she went through same thing and I should look at the symptoms online which I did and I had 22 of them it's been tough :'(
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 07:38:25 PM by Amandajane46 »

Dancinggirl

Re: Perimenopause hell
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 10:51:49 AM »

Hi and welcome Amandjane46
Are you 46? Too young to be without some HRT if your oestrogen levels are low!
Do read up all the info under the headings to the left of this screen and get really clued up.
Get back to us questions.  Dg x

Kathleen

Re: Perimenopause hell
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 01:17:47 PM »

Hello Amandajane46.

I can't help specifically but I agree with Dancinggirl that you should read the information on this site and contact us again with questions.

Lots of women will recognise your symptoms and there is help available, you are not alone.

Take care and keep posting.

K.

dogdoc

Re: Perimenopause what a nightmare
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 11:43:07 AM »

Hi amandajane. Your symptoms sound identical to mine ( although there's more than that too lol). Hope you're doing better and getting some help. I spent a lot of time at the doc too thinking I was dying. Some days I'm not entirely convinced I'm still not but ,most days seem better now.
Tara

Dorothy

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 10:55:00 PM »

I spent a lot of time at the doc too thinking I was dying. Some days I'm not entirely convinced I'm still not but ,most days seem better now.

Menopause is like seasickness...no one ever died from it, but many have wished they could die from it while going through it  :o  But seasickness doesn't last forever and neither (so I'm told) does the menopause.  Onwards & upwards...we will all come through it eventually. 

Annie0710

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 11:08:20 PM »

Hi and welcome !

My meno history is very similar to yours, one day I was fine then suddenly it hit me like a ton of bricks, I stopped seeing gp 2.5 yrs ago after all heart / blood and brain tests came back normal and thought I was just simply going mad

I still wonder whether I'm going mad but just know now if I am it's my hormones cussing it
Xx

Amandajane46

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 04:42:08 PM »

I'm feeling better then I did . now I'm on HRT but still not 100% but symptoms are manageable just x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 04:57:01 PM »

That's good!  what are you taking?

Amandajane46

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2015, 06:45:16 PM »

Evorel 50 but having crashing fatigue at moment

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2015, 06:46:17 PM »

So I see from your other thread.  I remember my Mum would suddenly sit down and drop off to sleep  :o ………