Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Advice please x  (Read 4053 times)

renee

Advice please x
« on: March 17, 2015, 12:56:34 PM »

Just need a bit of advice.....Iv been on Femoston 1/10mg for 3 months now. I keep getting a light breakthrough bleed, or blood on my tissue when I wipe. After sex etc too.

I do have numerous fibroids and a thickening of the womb and Iv felt bloated for most of this month.....my period is due in about 6 days as I have 4 days left of the oestrogen/progesterone grey tablet.

Thanks for any advice xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Advice please x
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 04:07:24 PM »

I hate the bloating feeling.  :-\

I bled on contact because I had a polyp up there which went once I reached peri  ::)

renee

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 04:10:38 PM »

No good CLKD.

Im not sure if this is normal on this type if HRT or for having so fibroids 😟

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 04:12:33 PM »

How about doing a 'search' for the product? to see what threads are here, I'm sure there will be comments  ;)

renee

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 04:17:12 PM »

Good idea....I'll go have a look x

peegeetip

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 04:27:21 PM »

I read recently that your less likely for a fibroid flare up on tablet HRT than your are with Patches.

Since you've only been on femoston for 3 months then your still in the "settlement" zone.

As I'd said before I was upto 6 months+ to fully settle.

:-*

renee

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 04:30:15 PM »

Right Peegeetip....I thought my body would have been used to the Femoston by now.

Iv had a look through posts about Femoston but can't see anything that relates to my question.....xxx

bramble

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 04:40:09 PM »

If you at all worried, make an appointment with your GP. At least it will put your mind at rest.

Bramble

renee

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 05:21:15 PM »

Thanks Bramble...Iv just made an app for 23rd March. X

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 05:42:20 PM »

Hi renee

Glad you made that appointment! While you may expect some abnormal bleeding while you are still peri-menopausal even on sequi HRT, you should always get bleeding after sex checked.

Also - if you have thickening of the womb - breakthrough bleeding is also expected - is this ongoing or is it being treated? Do you know approx how far into menopause you are?

Hurdity x

renee

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2015, 06:43:10 PM »

Thank you. X

Im not sure how far on into the meno I am, I had bloods taken about 3 years ago and was told I was going through the menopause.

When I got my scan results to say I had numerous fibroids and a thickening of the womb my doc just said to leave it until I feel Im getting symptoms such as pain, bloating and bleeding.

Now I'm getting 2 of these symptoms but not sure if it's the HRT, intercourse or the fibroid prob. Xxx

Hurdity

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2015, 05:51:06 PM »

Bleeding after intercourse is a sign of something else ie it doesn't cause the bleeding itself if you see what I mean. At least the doc will check you out. I presume nothing can be done re the fibroiads - as long as they don't grow too large.

Difficult to say how far you are into menopause - it would be more question of what your cycles were doing in the couple of years leading up to starting HRT. The blood tests can't definitively say where you are.

Hurdity x

renee

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2015, 11:20:52 PM »

Just to update you Huridity.....I saw my Doctor today and to be honest, she looked stumped!!

I wrote downs list of things that had been happening I suppose the past 3 weeks.....period 1 week before the end of the femoston 1/pack was finished, dry skin, spots, anxiety, hot and itchy, bloating and a little bit of breakthrough bleeding.

So Iv came away with 2/10 of Femoston. Im going to try it for another 3 months. I did say to the doctor that if these symptoms aren't getting any better at the end of the 3 months on the 2/10 then Im coming off HRT all together just to see how far on I am with the Menooause.....I might be post menooausal because looking back before I was given the bloods which confirmed the meno in 2011  my periods went from normal to very heavy then irratic. I

Im hoping the higher dose helps.....I saw my friend for a cuppa after the doc appointment and she said I didn't look well and looked tired. I know myself I don't feel right.

Thanks for listening and responding to my earlier messages Hurdity xx