News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sleep!  (Read 6695 times)

Sarai

Re: Sleep!
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2015, 01:34:02 PM »

Dorothy, I'm curious about epsom salt baths. I was on an american site and they were real fussy about adding other stuff to the bath and only small amounts of salts to start with as they said its a detox and you will pay for it if you don't drink loads of water before during and after.
Quite frankly it scared me to death. I don't want to feel worse than i do already.
Any advice?

Dorothy

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2015, 02:18:19 PM »

There are other ladies on the forum who have been using Epsom salts for longer, so hopefully they will be able to provide better advice. I started off by using a tiny amount, in case it irritated my skin, and have since increased it to a small teacupful in a fairly full bath.  You are advised to rest afterwards for at least 2 hours unless you have arthritis, in which case you are advised gentle movement.

I don't drink any more on days when I have the Epsom salt bath than on other days, but I do make sure I am well hydrated all the time.  Before I tried the baths, I looked at a few articles online and I did find a couple of sites that were talking about the baths helping you lose weight as they suck all the toxins out of you!!!  These sites advised adding loads of salts to the baths...maybe the site you looked at was similar?  I can imagine if you used 5 or 6 cupfuls, it might dehydrate you, but I have been fine with just one cupful.

dazned

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2015, 02:46:05 PM »

I use small cupful of Epsom salts in full bath and find it does help ease tension and muscle ache . I don't drink anymore than I normally would have .

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2015, 06:29:52 PM »

Drinking Epsom salts  :o  :-X

dazned

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2015, 07:33:46 PM »

;D

No water to stay hydrated !

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2015, 09:55:28 PM »

Oh CKLD do keep up  ;D

Detoxing can only take place from inside so how ever much additive to the bath won't make any difference.  The problem with too many Epsom salts is it may act as a laxative along with the water  ;) ………… and the water becomes sticky  ::)

Epsom salts was probably used because there weren't other types of bath additives.

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2015, 02:55:03 PM »

Since May I have had busy, involved, long dreams - hoping that once the weekend is over I will be more relaxed (having to out for a meal on Friday  :-X  :-\ ) and will get restful sleep for a few weeks.  Then of course, C.mas will be on my mind next ……  :sigh:

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2015, 05:49:11 PM »

Detoxing is a silly myth. Your liver and kidneys detox your body far more effectively and efficiently than anything.

And I don't understand all this guff about 'toxins' being drawn out of your skin? You don't expect to arbitrarily leak blood etc, through healthy unbroken skin, so why would you exlect your skin to leak toxins?

Sorry, but having been married to a scientist for many years I have had my eyes opened to a lot of generally believed silliness.

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2015, 09:46:40 PM »

I agree - the body in general cleanses itself.  I too am married to a scientist for many years  :-* …….. by now he would have been let out on Parole  ;).

I think it is wise to regulate what we eat and when, I have started to avoid foods I used to like as I felt they were making my body sluggish.  I have altered what I eat for breakfast and don't require snacks mid-morning.  I'm not as irritable mid-morning …….. I stopped drinking coffee as it made me feel queasy  :-\

What was the question again  ;D - oh sleep.  Not a night goes by that I don't dream on and on and; I had a consecutive dream last night, woke from one and into another immediately which carried on the story  ::)

dazned

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2015, 09:13:15 AM »

Well I don't know any scientific facts,far too complicated for my brain  ;D
However drugs are given in patches and gels which then absorb into skin/system/bloodstream as can certain chemicals in the atmosphere so I'm thinking what can go in must be capable of coming out surely . Like if you've eaten loads of garlic or curry your sweat can actually smell of garlic or whatever ::)

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2015, 10:16:03 AM »

But there's no need, your kidneys and liver remove toxins from your body and then you pass them out through your wee/poo.

The amount of 'toxin' that might leave your body via sweating is totally negligible.

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2015, 05:15:27 AM »

I have been sleeping lots better the last few months. In fall and winter I was so worried about so many things and would wake up at around 2 am every night and just toss and turn until I got up. Now I sleep from 10 pm until around 5 am usually. Maybe I wake up once during the night, but I usually go back to sleep again fairly easy. Somehow it seemed to coincide with me getting a little bit more "normal" periods back again.

Now, if my stomach would return to its normal state too I wouldn't complain too much.... I'm currently exploring whether cutting out my morning coffee would help. I usually have almost-diarreah in the mornings (no diarreah during the rest of the day, though), and I wonder if it's my morning coffee that "cranks up" my stomach in the morning? So, now I'm drinking tea instead.
Pages: 1 [2]