Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hair  (Read 6792 times)

Joyce

Hair
« on: March 20, 2015, 02:01:39 PM »

How often do you need your hair cut?  I used to be every 8 weeks, then every 6 weeks, now every 5 weeks.

My hair is quite thick & seems to be growing much faster as I get older. Yesterday it was all bouffant when I went to hairdressers, now is pixiefied. 5 weeks time it'll be all big again. Hairdresser thins it nearly every time I go these days, used to be once every 3/4 cuts.

Is it just me?

purplenanny

Re: Hair
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 02:50:51 PM »

I am the same CG, it is as though you are writing about my hair!
Love your style, mine is similar but not so long layers on top
I only have a wet cut as it saves me £15.
Never have it coloured at the salon, I do it myself!
PN x x

thorntrees

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 04:04:40 PM »

I would be very glad of some of your thick hair PN and CG, mine has gone so thin over the last few months I don't know what to do with it. It desperately needs a cut but in two minds whether to have it cut short with more layers but it might just look flat or try to get it all one length to give it a bit of movement-what a dilemma. I would resort to a wig but when my hair fell out with chemo I hated a wig and never wore it! Going to decide what to do over the weekend and make an appointment, doesn't help that my hairdresser has moved and have to find a new salon.Hubby despairs and says he can't see the problem, it looks OK to him-men!!.
Moan over and time to think about what to have for tea.

Thorntrees

purplenanny

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 04:51:31 PM »

Hi thorntrees,
Men are no help are they! I would say a good cut might help thicken it up. Maybe take advice from the stylist. How about a nice short bob.
It's a shame you have to find somone new, I have had my stylist for years and would hate to change.
But then again a fresh look at it may prove to be helpful.
Have a look online and see if you like any styles..google 'styles for fine hair' and see what comes up
I always feel better when I have my hair cut and I love the conditioning head massage!
Good luck! x x

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 04:54:48 PM »

My hair seems to grow quicker too these days, not down the way but out. My straighteners are now my best friend. If I don't straighten my hair then my daughter tells me I am sporting the mushroom look.
My hubby would not notice if I sported a Mohawk to be honest.  ::)

It took him three weeks many years ago to notice I had died my hair blond  ;D

Honeybun
X

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 06:45:23 PM »

Thorntrees, I good cut might give it a thicker look. I suppose you've tried all the thickening products. Doubt I could wear a wig either. Brother's first wife preferred to tie a scarf on her head during her chemo.

I've been with my stylist for over 20 years now, apart from a short break when he gave up working to look for his own place.

Hubby loathes my short hair, but he's not the one taming it. I have straight hair, but as it grows it starts kinking in weird ways, so much easier to keep short.

thorntrees

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 06:59:54 PM »

Thanks for the replies, have tried various products but not found one as yet that really helps. Think I will go back to short and layered as at least then it's easy to wash every day and I can blow it dry and give it a bit of a lift. I usually just have a dry cut but think I will splash out on a cut and blow dry for once and get some tips on how to give it some volume. I had lots of scarves when I was without hair and really liked them, could match them with what I was wearing, just a pity the reason behind them wasn't very nice, so I'm not really grumbling about my hair just wish it was easier to cope with.

Thorntrees

Winterose

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 11:22:37 AM »

I would do shorter but perhaps try without the layers , these are often not effective on thin fine hair and it can often look fuller and healthier cut one length or a little higher at back and graduated toward face, also try those hair drying brushes they are really good.

Dulciana

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 09:01:03 AM »

It's always layers for me - and styling gel, for volume.  If ever there was a world shortage of styling gel, I would cry.   Years ago, a hairdresser said to me, "Gosh, your hair's got absolutely no body at all!"  I think I was supposed to be impressed at her observation.  I never went back there......(It's not that bad, not even now.....but I've always longed for thicker hair, especially as twin has it...)