Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Elleste Conti Duet causing constant bleeding  (Read 7327 times)

ivyjane

Elleste Conti Duet causing constant bleeding
« on: March 16, 2015, 10:06:08 AM »

I have been on Elleste Conti Duet for six months and everything was fine until 7 weeks ago when I started to bleed like a normal period, I am still bleeding now some days light and others very heavy. Is it normal? I have been back to the doctors and she has told me to stop taking it and I was referred to hospital where I have had ultrasounds and biopsys done on my womb , which is apparently 12 mm thick, normal thicknesss is 4mm apparently. I am really worried now, Can't have HRT so all the vile symptoms will come back and my womb is way too thick. Anyone else had similar experience please?

peegeetip

Re: Elleste Conti Duet causing constant bleeding
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 12:37:11 PM »

Looks like the prog part of your elleste was not quite enough to stop the build up.

If the tests are clear then you could move back to a sequi option.
This would give you a regular bleed and allow you to recover.

There is no need to completely stop HRT. Thats just over the top.

Sometimes absorption through our stomach of tablets is not as good as via combi patches.
If you've had tummy problems like diarrhea or dieting techniques can effect the way we absorb things.
Things end up flushing thru our system too quickly (sorry for the pun) :)

The other option would be to get a D&C to help you get back to normal quicker.
There should be no problem using HRT whilst your awaiting that to happen.
No point making you feel doubly worse.

:-*
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 12:42:44 PM by peegeetip »

ivyjane

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 10:49:55 AM »

Thanks so much for your reply, I was worrying my self sick about coming off HRT as I was so bad before I started taking it. My GP is pretty useless to be honest seems to have no idea how bad menopause is and doesn't really care! Seriously considering changing my doctors.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 06:29:03 PM »

Hi ivyjane

I was told to stop taking HRT by my GP pending some investigations a couple of years ago but I consulted Dr Currie through the e-mail consultation (£25) and she said I didn't need to.

They should still be able to do the hysteroscopy and biopsy while you are taking it. I presume your appointment will be fairly soon? There is a two week rule for post-menopausal bleeding not on HRT but I don't think this applies if you're taking it.

How far post-menopause are you and how old are you? Did the doc not suggest giving you extra progestogen in the meantime to thin the lining eg norethisterone or is she just leaving it until after the investigations?

Sorry to hear about your GP  :(

Hurdity x

ivyjane

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 08:57:24 PM »

Thank you Hurdity, I haven't had a period for 12 months and am 53, I've had the biopsy and hysteroscopy last week and am just waiting for results now but my doc is on holiday until 7 April so can't see her until then.! I am still taking my HRT as I can't stand the thought of ending up back to square one! I am so fed up that my doctors seem to have no idea about the menopause, have no idea how bad it is to go through it and have no sympathy whatsoever. Originally wanted me to go on anti depressants! I told them I'm going through the menopause not depressed. very frustrating! thank god for this site!!!!!!!!

peegeetip

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 09:12:16 PM »

Please note that the instruction to your Conti HRT states the following (which your doc should be aware of!!!)

"You may have irregular bleeding or drops of blood (spotting) during the first 3-6"
http://xpil.medicines.org.uk/ViewPil.aspx?DocID=20967

Keep going as Hurdity said. Your probably encountering this just a bit later into the 6 month timescale.

Your experience of doc's is similar to what a lot of us encounter.
I hate the idea that they hand out AD's like sweeties but prevent us getting HRT at the drop of a hat! ???

Before going on the Conti, what was your last period like 12 months back.
Just asking as it might not have been enough to clear things down. And of course they don't bother checking us before starting us on Conti.
A lot of ladies start on Sequi first therefore have good regular periods prior to starting the Conti path.

Don't worry, be happy as the song goes :)

:-*
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 09:16:05 PM by peegeetip »