Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: fitness trampoline/trampette  (Read 7321 times)

clio

fitness trampoline/trampette
« on: March 16, 2015, 04:46:08 AM »

Been looking at these little trampolines to bounce on in the house to burn some calories. I had already gain a few pounds over the last few years and even more these last few months so thought I would give one of these ago. Has anyone tried them? I'm also trying yet another diet.......the low calorie diet plus I bought a polar watch like the use on the biggest loser (love that show) which shows calories burnt, heart rate etc etc. My aim is to get back intomy size 12 clothes again, iI'm size 14/16 at the moment which isn't huge but I've been a 10/12 for such along time but weight increased when I gave up smoking.

So ladies who has one?

Clio

GeordieGirl

Re: fitness trampoline/trampette
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 09:35:49 AM »

I had one for a while but found skipping suited me better (it's a very high cardio burner). Trampolining is great cardio exercise, I understand it may put strain on pelvic floor muscles - however I've only read that in passing somewhere and am not sure if there's any shred of evidence behind it.

Re diets, I've tried many of the years but the best I've found for me has been the Weight Watchers Fit and Healthy, which I understand is similar to Slimming World. It's not about counting so much, but basically eating healthy. We haven't eaten anything out of a box for a long, long while (apart from high fibre Shreddies) and we're feeling so much better for it.  My oldest daughter has suffered badly with eczema since a baby and it's cleared up massively as we've cut down on dairy products.  Meals are cooked from scratch and made mainly from vegetables, vegetables, vegetables and meat - and very little refined carbohydrate.  My energy levels have definitely improved as well as my waist line and although I don't particularly need to lose weight, this has become a way of life for us - I'm sure it's good for my teenagers too.

Are you following any particular diet plan ?

GG x

clio

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 10:26:50 AM »

Hi Geordiegirl thanks for your reply. Not really I'm just picking stuff up from the biggest loser show, they I'm for between 1000 - 1200 calories a day, below a thousand an your body goes into starvation mode, above 1200 and you put on weight so the show says. However I've also found a very good site which helps with calories and lbs each week you will lose. The polar watch is good showing how many calories you are burning which helps you keep on track and not give up. We too eat meals cooked from scratch and keep sugar and carbs down, we said that we would have what we wanted when out for the day as a treat but we tend to go out maybe too often so not having impact on weight loss. I'm getting into the right frame of mind though the more I learn and thought the trampoline would be beneficial plus they use them in physio so didn't think could be bad for you. Will be skipping too, bought ropes last year and me an husband fancied badminton so all in all taking the right path I think.

Clio

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 05:01:58 PM »

We played badminton for years and loved it!  Walking briskly; hoovering; running up and down stairs; gardening; cycling.

I tried skipping and bought a hoola-hoop - remember those  ;D - couldn't work either  ::) ……. why not bounce on the bed  :-\  :P ……… [sex also uses up calories ………  :whist: so I'm reminded often, by the man now sitting on my left]

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 05:13:56 PM »

Walking, swimming. Don't fancy jumping up and down. Don't think my inner bits would benefit from it at all  ::)

I have a friend who decided one night to have a go on her daughters trampoline. She missed timed things probably due to a few glasses of wine, and ended up with two black eyes as she hit her nose on her knee  ;D.....silly sod.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 05:15:02 PM »

OUCH  :o …….. I'm like that, I easily fall off my slippers  :-X

Borrow a dog?

clio

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2015, 08:48:43 AM »

I bought one yesterday and spent 10 minutes bouncing in the kitchen with my heart monitor on........84 calories burnt :)

Its really hard going and made my ankles sore, the leaflet said to do every other day to start off so skipping today in the garden. Just getting over broken leg so have to be careful but I'm hoping to be super slim again, I hate the extra weight I've put on.

Clio