Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What do you get 'done'?  (Read 9395 times)

Dulciana

Re: What do you get 'done'?
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2015, 10:15:12 AM »

I HATE ironing!
Someone after my own heart!  ::)
D.

bramble

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2015, 12:06:29 PM »

Yes, I should have added:
windows cleaned
hair dyed (at home by mobile hairdresser)
gutters cleaned and painted (my days up a ladder are gone)
thinking about getting someone in with a trailer to clear out the loft
hedges cut (ditto ladder)

Bramble

Millykin

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2015, 12:13:45 PM »

Oh yes I should have added that too, window cleaner, mobile hairdresser, wish someone would do my ironing, I don't mind a small amount in summer when it's been out on line and fresh air smell but there seems to be more in winter ( maybe just left piling up ;D) I burnt my hand Sunday night on iron ouch told hubby I'm too old for this now (44) lol
Try to get as much folded as I can when its just finished in dryer but often forget oops! X

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2015, 01:21:45 PM »

When we were spending a lot of time the year before last helping Mum with lots of stuff I started using an ironing service and also had an out-of-work friend come round once a week to clean.  After Mum had passed away I realised that I didn't actually like doing those things anyway so have kept them up - we both work full-time in well-paid jobs so we can afford to do it luckily.  We do do the gardening as we both enjoy it.  I also go to the chiropodist once a month and have a monthly appointment at the beauty salon for waxing and a back massage.  And at the moment one of my sisters is living with us while she waits for her Green Card to the USA so she's doing all the other household stuff - wonder if I can persuade her to stay here???

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2015, 07:33:59 PM »

Oh! good thread!

We have the Council to empty bins and take stuff for recycling which I put out weekly
We have an electrician
We have a plumber
We had a builder when required several years ago
Car goes for professional servicing etc.
Camper goes for professional servicing etc. as above and for annual habitation check in Yorkshire [good excuse for a holiday]

DH does most other stuff - decorating, digging, hoovering, driving, sorting insuracnes etc.; carrying shopping …….
I do the laundry/dish-washer, he cooks  ;)  :-*
Our GP/Dentist are worth hanging on too  :whist: …….
A Financial Advisor for advice about our Pensions etc..

Cleaning windows gets done by DH when absolutely necessary, bit like the ironing  ;)
Pages: 1 [2]