Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: how often do you wash or buy new duvet and pillows ?  (Read 9899 times)

kerrieann

how often do you wash or buy new duvet and pillows ?
« on: March 17, 2015, 05:16:54 PM »

just wondering after buying new today, how often do you buy a new duvet and pillows or get them washed or dry cleaned ?

littleminnie

Re: how often do you wash or buy new duvet and pillows ?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 05:23:55 PM »

Bought the Duvet from JL because I wanted one that wouldn't go out of shape when I washed it. (The cheap ones do).  It washes really well. Only wash it about 2/3 times a year though.

rosebud57

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 05:24:34 PM »

I buy new pillows every year.

Duvet washed once a year.  That is once for the winter one and once for the summer.

kerrieann

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 05:28:34 PM »

my duvet is heavy, so its not the washing it so much as getting it dry an aired. i have to take mine to the laundrette,  so its only done twice a year and i have to have a spare as they keep it for 2 days

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 06:11:37 PM »

Cheaper to buy new. Duvet cleaning costs more than buying new one. Pillows do not survive washing now, so just buy new.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 06:26:37 PM »

Ditched the duvet 20 years ago. 

Change our bedding when I remember  ::) usually every 2 weeks.  New pillows twice a year, I buy anti-allegy ones.  They have a protector on, another case and the top one which gets changed weekly.  We have 3 sheets underneath us, the top 1 gets washed, the middle one comes to the top …… 2 sheets over us plus the electric blanket and a 'throw' which will go into the wash once the wind is blustery enough and the sun is warmer.  Electric blanket - we buy a new one every 4/5 years ………

Joyce

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 06:47:29 PM »

Just purchased new 1.5 tog ones for summer. Thanks for this topic, it reminded me. Wanted to order before they vanished. Tried too late last year.

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 08:36:22 PM »

I spent a small fortune on ours a few years ago so...drop it off when we go on holiday...launderette does it...pick it up on the way home..do this twice a year.
Pillows as and when maybe twice a year. In the summer when I do my sheets I take the duvet and throw it over my whirlly to air it....obviously can't do that in the winter.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 08:40:43 PM »

In Mainland Europe duvets are flung onto balconies to air every morning. 

bramble

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 10:21:55 PM »

Got my new duvet washed at the laundrette last year after I spilled coffee on it. I think it cost £20 so much cheaper than  a new one as I always buy feather duvets. Pillows get tossed out every couple of years. I have synthetic pillow on the bottom, feather pillow on top.

Bramble

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2015, 01:25:25 PM »

In Mainland Europe duvets are flung onto balconies to air every morning.
We do the same on days we're at home - DH is Dutch so its a normal thing to see all the bedcovers hanging out of the windows in the morning :)