Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: menopause sucks  (Read 2927 times)

Hola Lolly

menopause sucks
« on: March 24, 2015, 10:23:16 AM »

Totally new to this site and find myself referring to it more and more for information and reassurance.  I'm 51 and have been incredibly healthy all my life. Still can't quite believe I'm not dying of some inexplicable disorder, but it seems all my symptoms are being experienced by others.  My world turned upside down 10 months ago, coinciding with the cessation of my period.  I've had daily nausea, headaches, pains everywhere, brain fog, panic attacks blah blah. The list is endless.  Been on HRT pills for 6 months, meno clinic changed them 3 weeks ago to Femoston conti but still feel lousy.  Please tell me it gets better, because this is truly dire. 

Joyce

Re: menopause sucks
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 11:42:16 AM »

Hi there & welcome. You're in the right place. Some ladies take a while to find right HRT which suits. I'm only on oestrogen, so it has been a bit easier for me. But having had a break from HRT 5 years ago I can appreciate how awful you must be feeling. Sweats, flushes day & night. Lack of a decent night's sleep, crashing fatigue. All in all £%@&. 
Give your change of HRT a bit longer, it can take a while.

Limpy

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 11:52:31 AM »

Hi Hola - Welcome to MM  :welcomemm:

Can't argue with your assessment of menopause  ::)
For me things improved a lot when I started HRT (Evorel Conti patches)
Hopefully the Femoston conti will start working for you soon but it may take while to kick in, give it 3 months and see how things are then.

There's lots of information in the menus in the green bar at the top of screen.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 12:01:56 PM »

:welcomemm:  browse round.  You're not alone now!

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 05:41:56 PM »

Hello Hola Lolly and welcome to the forum.

Although I had health issues in the past nothing prepared me for the menopausal problems that only started when my periods stopped suddenly at the age of 53. I remember at 49 chatting to the GP about something minor and when he mentioned the menopause I realised I hadn't even thought about it. Well, jeez I think about it now, in fact I obsess about it.

At 58 I use HRT patches and symptoms have come and gone with some more manageable than others.

I hope your regime works well for you and don't forget that we are here to help.

Take care.

K.

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 08:18:40 PM »

Hola, Hola Lolly and  :welcomemm: from me too (I've recently been learning Spanish online!)

What pills were you on before and what dose of Femoston are you on - is it the 1 mg? Are you feeling worse than with the previous pills and I'm wondering why you were changed over?

There are other types of HRT if these don't suit you, or maybe you need a higher dose, or to have a cycle again? Sometimes women react to the progestogens in HRT which can give rise to brain fog type symptoms too.

Hopefully we can help you - but also you may well soon feel better with these new tablets  :)

Hurdity x

peegeetip

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 12:04:59 PM »

Hola (again)

The femoston is a low dose option.

If your problem is low estrogen (and it sounds like it) then your not going to get enough from this once per day.

Tablets also don't absorb well for some of us, so that might further impact the progress you'd like.

You could try taking one tablet in the morning and followup with another one in the evening from another pack for a few days.

There is no danger in doing this as you could see for yourself if the extra estrogen helps (across the whole day).
Its your choice really as no doubt you'll have to make an appointment yourself to get this fixed longer term but at least you'd know sooner if the extra helped. You'd also need to see them sooner if your using a bit more from another month anyway :)

Just to alleviate your concern a bit here is a link to someone else who's gone to a private doctor for treatment.

http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,27450.0/topicseen.html

Useful to know that these options are out there.

Hope your feeling more like yourself soon.
:-*

Suzi Q

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 01:54:06 PM »

HI HOLA
LIFE does get better it wont ever be the same just different
Your not Billy No Mates all on here are in or have been where you are now
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx