Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: what to do?  (Read 8607 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: what to do?
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2015, 07:26:48 PM »

Been there too - 3 of us were going to 'walk' and I was the 1 who did - the other 2 remained in post and tried to remain friends with me  :-\ - both had 'good' excuses not to go - it made me ill.

Take that 2 weeks off and consider  ;) - can't add anything to the reference situation that hasn't been explained.

CJ-sleepless

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2015, 01:21:06 PM »

I've been in a similar situation and eventually did walk out one day - even though financially it was a disaster, it was making me so ill I couldn't cope any longer.  I was unemployed for 6 months afterwards.  As you say the reference situation makes it difficult.  In the end after I had left I went back to speak to HR about the way I was treated - there was no resolution as such, but it made me feel 100% better about the situation, and eventually I got another job and have been fine since.  I would never recommend anyone to walk out having said that - my self esteem took an awful long time to heal - but sometimes you just have to get out of a nasty situation if its affecting your health

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2015, 04:11:50 PM »

It's better to  :na: than stick in an awkward Job ……….. the sense of relieve is wonderful.  Trying to get resolution made me ill and almost cost me my marriage  :'( ……….

buggz_71

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2015, 10:08:06 PM »

I have started looking every evening for anything suitable and have applied for 3 jobs this week. I have to just be patient I guess. I think someone had mention to her about how angry and insulted I was last week and maybe said she should apologise to me her response yesterday was to say "what I said came out wrong, I didn't mean it like that" and that was as good as an apology as I was going to get. My husband said I should have said "are you apologising?" But to be honest I don't care I just want to go and forget about the whole horrible episode. I plan to shut up do my job and get out asap. Thanks for the support  :)

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2015, 10:46:09 PM »

That's a kind of apology.  Probably not brought up to say 'sorry' easily. 

clio

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2015, 08:43:23 AM »

:foryou:    thinking of you!

Clio

buggz_71

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2015, 09:28:46 PM »

Hello ladies, thought I would give you an update on my situation. Been for one interview but withdrew my application 2 days later, it just wasn't for me. At the moment I am very busy so just getting on with things, only speak to my boss if I absolutely have to. I know this is not ideal but feel this is the only way I can maintain my sanity and be relatively happy at work. I try not too feel pressured if she keeps dumping stuff on me to do I just put it on the pile and get around to it when I can. But of course it is early days as I had 2 weeks of and this is my first week back. Thanks again for listening  :)

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2015, 09:15:31 PM »

Glad you are taking care of you! ........
Pages: 1 [2]