Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: estrogel application  (Read 4356 times)

donnacrichton

estrogel application
« on: March 09, 2015, 07:48:40 PM »

Can anyone describe the size of area 1 pump of gel should be applied as trying to follow instructions to the letter. I am on 3 pumps applying one to each leg and 1 to shoulder. In the instructions it says twice the size of the template supplied. I have no template in any packaging. Any advice as trying to stick this out x

Cassie

Re: estrogel application
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 07:50:07 PM »

1 pump of gel usually covers my thigh i dont have big thighs either.... ;)

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 08:11:00 PM »

I just apply a single pump all over the inside of one thigh.  I think if you are using more that 2 pumps per day it is advised to split the dose - so do two in the morning and one before bed or vice versa.  This would give you a better absorption and also more consistency .
DG x

donnacrichton

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 08:35:44 PM »

I've had bloods done & seem to be absorbing think I just need to get one stable dose. Tried spitting into morning & night but was having to measure & split dose. I am determined not to give up this time thought it would be more even to do it in one go x

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 09:48:58 PM »

I just kept rubbing until it was absorbed, never thought much regarding size of area. That's not very helpful is it? Sorry.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 10:03:47 PM »

donnarichten - if you are using 3 pumps per day you can do 2 pumps in the morning and one at night. My gynae told me to do this if I wanted to increase my dosage. DG x

Linsey44

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 10:53:51 PM »

Hi Donna. Im on 2pumps day following removal of both ovaries.

I tend to spread 1 pump very quickly across each inner thigh.  Then leave to dry for 10/15 mins before dressing.  Every day in the shower i use a muslin cloth over inner thighs and lightly exfoliate as i find this helps absorption, but maybe all in the mind.

Previously i rubbed it in too hard and found it dried too quickly and didnt absorb so well. 

Never tried it on shoulder.

Good luck

Nina

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2015, 11:13:51 PM »

I'm on three pumps. I spread one pump on each inner arm from wrist to elbow in the morning, and then on one wrist to elbow in the evening.

Works great for me.

donnacrichton

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 08:16:26 AM »

Thanks will give it a try x

donnacrichton

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2015, 10:36:15 PM »

Good news with blood results 430 so absorbing fine. Looks like me fiddling with dose so no more moving. Been sticking to 2 pumps at night & one in the morning. Thanks for everyone's help x