Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: hiatus hernia  (Read 6749 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: hiatus hernia
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2015, 08:34:10 PM »

PN Drip can get worse at meno ……

As for bras - I haven't worn once since surgery in 1995  ;)

MargaretB

Re: hiatus hernia
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2015, 08:49:32 AM »

I too have a hiatus hernia.  I had it repaired 9 years ago, however when I came down with a stomach bug, I tore the repair and it came back only larger.  I take Lansoprazole when I feel symptoms coming on which to be honest isn't very often now.

I find that bloating will set off the pain so I have to be careful with the things that bloat me; potato and bread will always cause me to bloat so I will eat very small portions of potato and half a sandwich (the other half I will eat later).  Spicy food isn't  a problem for me as I don't like it.  Milky drinks, fatty and creamy food will cause me pain and if I don't take my Lansoprazole with me, I regret it.  It isn't necessarily the pain in the top of my stomach or in my chest that hurts the most, its the pain my my jaw and ears. That pain can be excrutiating.  If I take the capsule when I feel the pain coming on, everthing settles down quickly.

When I mentioned to my gp about having my hernia repaired again (my first repair was covered under my employer's BUPA insurance), he said the NHS don't do repairs any more.  I don't know why. Perhaps he was trying to be tactful as I am overweight and if I have it repaired, it could tear again.
Pages: 1 [2]