Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: hot flushes started again  (Read 1894 times)

nigela

hot flushes started again
« on: March 05, 2015, 09:41:51 AM »

Hi Last period about 5 years ago. Age 54 and not had flushes for about 8 months and now they have started again more frequent than before. Every time I wake up plus going to sleep and during the day. Anyone had any benefit from red clover. I tried sage but it put my blood pressure up quite high for some reason. have benign breast lumps so do not take black cohosh as Ive read it may have bad effect.
Thanks
Nigela

Dancinggirl

Re: hot flushes started again
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 10:06:35 PM »

nigela - perhaps have your thyroid checked? If your flushes had settled down it seems strange they have started up so badly again - especially in the winter months. I believe women who have any risk re breast cancer are advised to steer clear of any phytoestrogens like Red Clover for the same reasons as the use of HRT.  DG x

nigela

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 01:08:59 PM »

Oh thanks for your reply. I had not realised about the risk with red clover too.
thanks again
Nigela

peegeetip

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 02:03:50 PM »

But they were benign ? So that is no reason to deny yourself some sort of relief?
A lump can appear anywhere in our bodies due to a variety of reasons.

Unless you've had tested to see if breast cancer might be a risk then all the rest is just guessing and what ifs.

Sorry to hear of your problems but as long as your being monitored and have normal regular mammograms then there should be no greater risk to your health.

:-*