Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New to all this and terrible brain fog!  (Read 10211 times)

Carlie Reval

New to all this and terrible brain fog!
« on: March 06, 2015, 01:11:07 PM »

Hello, I'm into my (peri?)menopause and 45 years old. I'm finding the brain fog not nice and feel generally under the weather a lot of the time.  Anyone else out there similar? Any pearls of wisdom?  Help!

Carlie

dogdoc

Re: New to all this and terrible brain fog!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 03:18:59 PM »

Not many pearls of wisdom yet Carlie and am new to the forum too. Just entered my own intro. Brain fog and generally feeling like a pile of poo I'm very familiar with. Still working on 'fixing' the issue to the best of my ability. Going up against a brick wall of stubborness in the healthcare field. Still seeking...but it does help to know how many others' are experiencing or have experienced the same.

Tara

Carlie Reval

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 06:43:34 PM »

Thanks for replying Tara, that made me feel better already! Yes I do feel like a pile of poo unfortunately, like you! And my brain has turned to porridge.  Where are those words? Why have I walked in here? Forgetting appointments, achh! And (I realise I'm getting into this moan) I feel like I've got a hangover and the latest new thing is leg ache!  And I won't even mention the bleeding......
Why does my reproductive system have to make such a big song and dance about everything?!
Thank you for reading my rant!
Bless you!
Carlie

Carlie Reval

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 10:40:30 AM »

Thank you Sparkle, is a real encouragement.  I must say I genuinely understand the dementia worries.  I've even had a preliminary dementia test at my GPs - which went OK except for altering the time of the clock, which was one of the tasks.  Blood tests suggest I am well into hormonal change, and other symptoms do also.  The emotional ups and downs are a bit of a trial! But porridge brain is the worst......

Carlie

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 05:07:20 PM »

Meno-brain is familiar to many here  ::) ……… we have threads somewhere, if only I could remember where  ;)

As for 'there's a strange woman in my house' ………… even now I can't remember where've I've parked my car  :(

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 06:14:59 PM »

Hi Carlie Reval

:welcomemm:

Hurdity x

Moomcat

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 12:31:31 PM »

Hello Newbies!!!

I'm a newly diagnosed 43 year old and have all the delightful symptoms of brain fog and feeling like poo as well.

I started on Evorel Sequi patches a fortnight or so ago and although I got on ok initially, the switch to the Conti patches of the cycle has left me feeling very agitated, very depressed and just...awful.

I blame the patches but it could, I suppose, just be part of this terrible hormonal affliction...or a recurrence of previous depression. I don't know but I'm feeling as miserable as sin today. Really fed up. Bloody hormones!!

Anyway, welcome and I hope I haven't put you both off.xx  :-*

Carlie Reval

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 11:42:28 AM »

Hello Moomcat,
I'm sorry you feel so miserable and I can only say, ohmygoodness I know where you are coming from.  Hormones are powerful things aren't they.  I feel I was bumbling along in life and then someone handed me a set of intense emotions to deal with.  Yuck.  Hang on in there meno-sister xx Carlie

Moomcat

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2015, 03:01:15 PM »

Hey Carlie,

Yes, it's a bit of a nightmare isn't it?

I was doing ok with my HRT at first but since changing to the progesterone there's been a total transformation and I'm feeling horrendous.

I've come off them early and gone back on the eostrogen because I feel so awful and I can't go on like this. It was maybe the wrong thing to do but I couldn't think of anything else to do.

Got a GP appointment on Wednesday so hopefully something will get sorted out. I don't have time for this nonsense!!

Going to go for a nap now...sleeping seems to be the only thing I can cope with at the moment.xxx

GeordieGirl

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2015, 03:26:48 PM »

I was doing ok with my HRT at first but since changing to the progesterone there's been a total transformation and I'm feeling horrendous.

Both Sequi and Conti are progestogen and not progesterone - they are synthetic hormone, whereas progesterone is a natural one. Utrogestan is progesterone - progesterone is biologically identical to the hormone your own body has produced through the last few decades.  It may be worth discussing this with your doc?

GG x

Moomcat

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2015, 02:20:00 PM »

Hi GeordieGirl,

Thank you for correcting me with that one, I clearly have a lot to learn!!

I knew it was progest-something so assumed progesterone...

I'll be discussing it with my GP on Wednesday as Utrogestan has already been mentioned to me by another lovely lady as has Femostan/sten...I'm not doing very well with names, am I?

I looked up progesterone sensitivity last night and the symptoms could have been written by me...I've always had horrendous PMT as well so I didn't manage with my own production either.

Thought about long cycle oestrogen (is that a thing?) too but I don't know if it would be suitable for early meno/peri-meno.

There's so much to learn, do and think about. All I want is to be able to cope with my life, thank you very much!!

Anyway, thanks again GG. :)

M.xx

booboo000

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2015, 08:16:12 PM »

Hi Carly

Im new to all this too and had menopausal symptoms for past 3 years but only just started hrt. I have just turned 40. I have terrible brain fog and too thought i was going a bit doo lally! and really lethargic.

Just picking up on the progestogen and progesterone does anyone know which one is in elleste duet 1 mg? as i am on my first month of this.x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2015, 08:36:32 PM »

Lots of ladies suffer during the latter part of the treatment i.e. the progester???? part ……..

Moomcat

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2015, 03:18:26 PM »

Hello, CLKD  :)

I've had my HRT changed to Femoston 1/10 now but I'm still concerned about the dydrogesterone part. I felt so awful on the Evorel Conti that it's put me right off and I'm scared to take it.

I can't face feeling that bad again. I've also got another uni essay due in on Monday and I can't take the risk of a mood slump which will impact on my performance. My oestrogen dosage finishes on Thursday so I'm thinking I'll bung an Evorel patch on until my work's sent away ...probably not the wisest thing to do but I can't think of anything else.

I failed my last essay due to brain fog and general hormonal madness and I can't have that happening again. My tutor has been really understanding but there's only so much she can do with regards to my academic performance.

Why couldn't this have happened during the holidays, lol??!!

MC.xx

dogdoc

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2015, 12:32:01 PM »

Hi moomcat. I think we're at the same stage of this drama as are puffin, briony,  and several others on here that ive been reading about. So much helpful information and ladies who've been there ( or are there).

I found brain fog extremely terrible as well and it was so often accompanied by headache. Awful. Started hrt a few months ago. Used no progesterone at all in the first month as I wanted to see how the progesterone component affected me in the second month.

I will say I'm not a fan so far of the progesterone component but honestly cannot tell you if I feel worse in the second half of the cycle because of progestetone or because that's when your estrogen takes a major nosedive, in those of us still cycling.

Im Feeling pretty good on the first couple weeks of the cycle now on the hrt but those were my better weeks anyways. I think your probably ok to 'delay' progesterone for some days for your schooling but I wouldn't make it a habit without doctor supervision :)

Pages: [1] 2