Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What has happened to large furniture retailers  (Read 3559 times)

Limpy

Re: What has happened to online shopping
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2022, 09:31:46 AM »

Katherine - I have only just seen this so am late to the discussion but what has helped me to get online shopping complaints resolved is to email the chairman directly. I've done this with Waitrose and M&S it's prompted action each time.

Katherine

Re: What has happened to online shopping
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2022, 09:41:32 AM »

Hi Limpy, good on you! I tried this sort of approach with a big energy supplier once but the people higher up treated me just as badly if not with more contempt. Which makes sense because company policies come from the top, customer service advisors are usually just following procedures. But it’s great that it worked for you and thanks for the tip much appreciated xxx Just tried to change the thread name to be more accurate but it doesn’t seem possible ..
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 09:52:13 AM by Katherine »

Katejo

Re: What has happened to large furniture retailers
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2022, 02:53:02 PM »

Hi ladies, I feel like tearing my hair out today about this and was wondering if any of you have had similar experiences. I’ve recently moved house and bought a lot of furniture online, most of it from 3 well known big names. I’m not exaggerating when I say at least half of it is faulty or damaged, which wouldn’t be so bad if it was easy to resolved. I am always polite when dealing with customer service people, but have been met with multiple attempts at fobbing me off, being hung up on, online chats being aborted, being put on hold for a ridiculous amount of time, returning products then being sent back the same item (!), bring given complaint email addresses that do not accept incoming email (!), I could go on. It feels like these 3 companies are doing everything they can to get rid of damaged goods and avoid taking them back.  Needless to say I will never buy anything from any of them again. I know this type of thing goes on but it seems to be on an industrial scale right now. Any comfort, advice or helpful tips would be greatly appreciated.  :bang: :bang: :bang:
  I am about to buy new furniture for my living room. I will only buy from firms which still have a showroom where I can see and touch all the possible items before choosing. Just waiting for the redecoration of my living room to be finished b4 making the final choice.

Katherine

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2022, 06:05:31 PM »

Wise choice Katejo. It might be a good idea to ask to see the actual item that you are taking or getting delivered too as it might not be the one on display.

Katejo

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2022, 09:23:37 PM »

Wise choice Katejo. It might be a good idea to ask to see the actual item that you are taking or getting delivered too as it might not be the one on display.
  That might be harder as it is unlikely to be available to see at a local branch.

Katherine

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2022, 10:11:45 AM »

Katejo I guess it’s just a case then if checking the returns policy. Good luck anyway I hope it all goes well x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2022, 11:19:26 AM »

Go to antique shops/fairs so that you can see what the furniture looks/feels like.
Pages: 1 [2]