Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Femeston 2nd month need advice  (Read 2958 times)

Essexragdoll

Femeston 2nd month need advice
« on: March 04, 2015, 07:46:44 AM »

Hi ladies, I am now on to my second month of Femeston 1/10 and although I didn't notice a massive improvement last month, I felt like I was getting somewhere, especially with my moods and anxiety. However since stopping the prog part  ( now on day 6 of the new pack ) I feel lall my symptoms returning. I have felt dizzy, foggy head, really tearful, angry and have 0 motivation to do anything. I am still bleeding, although not as heavy in the last few days, and I feel like I have gone backwards.
Could this be a sort of PMT, although not sure why this is happening during my petiod, should I expect this every month and how long will it last ?
Just wondered if any other ladies had experienced this on Femeston ?

TropicalVon69

Re: Femeston 2nd month need advice
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 08:18:23 AM »

Hi Essexgirl....I can't answer your question, but can sympathise.....I've just started femoston and having palpitations and anxiety....bloody awful.....sure someone will come forward to offer hu OK words of advice.....I have just posted a question on this too....hope it settles for you xxx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 08:44:15 AM »

Essexragdoll
It is still early days.  I can't remember whether you are still in peri meno or not but suspect you are. Your own hormones will probably be fluctuating and this will have an influence.  When it comes to the emotional side of the menopause symptoms it seems that HRT can only do so much.  I does sound like you are feeling PMT type symptoms at the moment but over time you may find that as the HRT takes control more this may get better.  You may also need to go onto the higher dose but I'd wait and see over the next few months. Some women find they feel particularly good on the progesterone part of Femoston and move to the continuous version as soon as they can but if you are peri meno you may have to wait and see.
I know it's tough but try to be patient.  DG x

DebsMK

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 12:33:27 PM »

I am on my 4th month of Femoston 1/10.  The first 2 months were fine, but last month I felt terrible on the estradiol part but much better after starting the prog part.  This month I am feeling ok on the estradiol part so I agree with Dancinggirl that I'm sure it is our own fluctuating hormones causing problems. x

Essexragdoll

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 01:57:32 PM »

Thanks for your replies, I expect I am one of those ladies that feels better on the prog part of HRT as the 2 weeks I was taking them were my better weeks. I assume that means that I I am progesterone deficient ?? Yes I am peri as was still having the off period, be it evey 3/4 months.

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 02:27:53 PM »

Hi Essexragdoll - no it doesn't mean you are progesterone deficient at all - the symptoms you would experience if you were would be that your lining would get thicker and you would perhaps bleed erratically as it wouldn't be shed properly - it wouldn't cause the symptoms you describe.

The reason many women feel better on the prog part of tablet HRT (especially Femoston), as you said yourself and as I've pointed out before - is due to pmt which occurs in the normal menstrual cycle as the progesterone falls and before or sometimes during the bleed (initially). It is not progesterone deficiency but fall in progesterone and the physiological change sin your body - not the same thing as deficiency - which implies it is needed all the time!

What I've tried to explain ( probably badly) is that the whole progesterone phase tends to last longer in some tablet HRT and certainly with patch HRT - because you have 12-14 days of the prog part (combi tabs) and then another few days of the pmt part - so this can almost got into 3 weeks of the 4 week cycle! In the normal menstrual cycle it only lasts 2 weeks.

if you are progesterone intolerant this is very bad news because you might only feel well for 7 days of the month.

If you OK with progesterone but just get normal pmt just before a period, then you will feel fine on the combi tabs and the last part of the estrogen only tabs, but the first few oestrogen only tabs you are still under the influence of progesterone as it falls and the physiological changes - so this is when you will feel at your worst. If you were on a longer cycle eg 6 week this would be more obvious because, once the progesterone had gone and your body had acclimatised ( like it does each month) then you would feel fine eg for the next 3 weeks  ( eg on a 6 week cycle).

The thing is if you view at as normal pmt then should be OK  - no need to worry  about having the wrong HRT - as long as it's not worse than the pmt you experienced on normal menstrual cycle. HRT will not get rid of this completely because you are recreating the physiological effect of normal menstural cycle - albeit crudely, and with your own hormones somewhere in the mix....

Does that explain at all? Wish I could draw a diagram as much simpler than words!!

Hurdity x  :)

Essexragdoll

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 06:20:05 PM »

Thanks Hurdity, you have explained it very well, you are certainly extremely knowledgeable. I didnt suffer with PMT on my normal cycle, but as I got further into peri I became slightly anxious just before my period, then this got so bad in December I had a complete melt down, hence why I am now trying the HRT. If I only suffer this for a few days a month I can probably live with it, hopefully it will ease of as the week goes on.

Essexragdoll

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 07:27:07 PM »

Much better today thanks ladies and period has finished 😊