Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: femseven conti  (Read 2201 times)

jemahan

femseven conti
« on: March 03, 2015, 10:26:30 PM »

hi im new to the site im 50 and looking back started going through the change at 47.
My doctor has prescribed femseven conti, had a nightmare to start with couldnt get them to stick tryed everywhere,eventually found the top of my arm they stuck  :)
This is my third month on hrt, my symtoms have all disapeared no hot flushes etc which is great.i have had a bleed every month slight at first but seems to be getting heavier and my boobs are sore too.My doctor said the bleeding should stop after 3 months if not i have to go and see her.
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this with femseven conti ?

littleminnie

Re: femseven conti
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 09:17:37 AM »

Not sure if femseven are the same but I'm on Everol Conti and it says you should not stick them higher than your waste.  I put mine on my thigh and they stick fine.

dazned

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 09:23:33 AM »

As far as I was lead to believe they are supposed to be stuck lower than the waist I.e. top of buttock or thigh etc.

Sunnydays

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 04:59:29 PM »

Yes, I agree. Even though my GP, when giving me the prescription, said some women stick them on the arm, all the paperwork says below waist. I found my hip the most successful place to stick. I did find the sticking got easier. Warm the patch in your hand first then make sure you hold it in place for a good 30 seconds.
I didn't get bleeding (i'd had no periods for 2 years anyway) but I stopped after 6 weeks as it was suiting me. I don't think the bleeding should be getting any heavier.