Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Femiston Conti ultra low dose - any experiences?  (Read 1955 times)

Sunnydays

Femiston Conti ultra low dose - any experiences?
« on: March 02, 2015, 02:46:37 PM »

Hi
I'm waiting to start this ultra low dose of HRT which is a continuous regime for post menopause (I'm 2 years post)   Has anyone used this with success? Any pointers if it's best to take the tablet in the morning or evening?
Thank you

Dancinggirl

Re: Femiston Conti ultra low dose - any experiences?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 05:19:53 PM »

Hi Sunnydays and welcome to MM
Your question is almost identical to mine when I first started posting on MM. I had been on HRt for many years due to an early menopause and had been advised to take a break. I discovered this site and 18 months on I am back on HRT at 59 and feeling much better. 
Do read up all the info on this site to get clued up. Femoston is a good HRt to try first and it is a good idea to start on a low dose.  Even though you are post meno I would still have started with the sequential Femoston as it gives you the opportunity to see whether the progesterone suits you.  Having said this, it is probably good to start with this ultra low dose and then move up to the higher dose if you don't get symptom relief.  When I researched about this Ultra low dose, apparently the symptom relief takes a lot longer to become apparent and you may find it is too low a level of oestrogen to give substantial symptom relief. Femoston has hormones that are close to our own so is generally tolerated well by many women.  I'd give it at least 3 months to settle and do it's magic before perhaps upping the dose.  There are other things you can try so if you don't get on with this after 3months then we can give you pointers about what to try next.
It won't matter when you take the pills.  Do let us know how you get on.  Good luck  DG x
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 04:57:34 PM by Dancinggirl »

Hurdity

Re: Femiston Conti ultra low dose - any experiences?
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 04:08:59 PM »

Hi Sunnydays :welcomemm: from me too.

Although I've never taken tablet HRT I know that some women prefer to take them in the evening so that any possible side effects occur while they're asleep!

Hurdity x