Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: paranoid/worrier  (Read 8870 times)

Taz2

Re: paranoid/worrier
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 05:37:12 PM »

It depends if you paid for a full survey or just the one which the mortgage company insists on. I take it you have insurance though? This should cover any structural defects.

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2015, 05:57:12 PM »

It is usual to buy through Estate Agents and a Solicitor on 'both sides' ….. questions are asked and a Surveyor employed.  A Mortgage Company wouldn't loan on an asset that is likely to disappear into the ground  ;)

A crack would have been noted, our area is prone to subsidence which is measured by properties affected - any works should be covered by Insurance.  Best way to stop worrying is to make a list of problems you think are there inside and out and then check against the Surveyor's Report!

clio

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2015, 07:30:56 AM »

My husband came home from work and we had tea, then I started to cry and asked him to hold me  :'(, hes been so caring whilst ive been off work with my leg/foot (hes caring all the time  ::) ).  I think i must of got him thinking about the walls inside the house and even he said he would feel better knowing it  was steel and not  wood.  I noticed a cap I thought if we shone a torch into we might be able to see inside, one gap we couldnt see anything  :o ??? but I then looked into another and could see something, but because im not really sure what im suppose to be looking at I got my husband to force his head between the the two top stairs to look (what a performance  ::) )  he said he could see a steel gurder (gurder!! i think thats what he said) he said its a H shape for strength which will run from wall to another and we have a brick column underneath it, not holding it up but its part of the stairs but would help if anything was to happen as in would sit on that.  Hard to explain with you seeing it. So feeling a little better about it now, he did say hes not worried as if worst case we have building insurance plus after nearly 30 years if there was a problem we would at least see a crack. 

My 'O' my ladies why is life so traumatic, why do I get myself so wound up and upset, my husband said I should stop watching the biggest loser on the tv as its making me emotional.  I really dont think that is why im like this.  I actually feel abit better knowing that what im experiencing is a recognised condition (catrostrophic thinking). 

Does anyone know why men look at us as though we are completely mad!!!

Clio

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2015, 03:58:41 PM »

Sorted then!  Didn't realise you had been in the property for that length of time, thought it was a few years  ::)
Now that your DH has reassured you: and I did wonder if he was going to get head stuck in the gap  ;D : has it put the worry to bed?

Men know we are completely mad  ;D

clio

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2015, 09:19:05 PM »

We have been in the property 2 years, the lady we bought it of has been in the property 25 years, the man who did the changes to the stairs live in the house before the woman we bought it off! So all in all around 30years it was done and not fallen down but with my catastrophic thinking its gonna fall down (with me in it).  I looked through paperwork this morning, we didn't have a full survey done, I remember now, why did I listen to my husband, it was some guy from the mortgage people that did a look round the house and pointed out the damp and crack outside. Husband was happy with there report and said we didn't need to have more detailed one done, think he didn't want to pay for it. I just went along with it as didn't really understand what was going on relied and trusted other people.  I'm sure other woman would of had one done when she bought it off man but don't know for sure, I'm sure if it was a hazard something would of happened by now after 30years (reasurrance needed now ladies).

I was thinking of just paying a surveyor now, put my mind at rest, if work needs carrying out its best just to have it done.  I will have peace of mind and if I cannot afford my new kitchen then I will just have to wait and save up.

Boardmeeting in the bath over weekend I think. We do our serious chats in the bath with no distractions.

Clio

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2015, 09:24:01 PM »

;D  ……… we have plenty of distractions in our bath, which is why I use it first  ;)  :-X

If it was going to subside because of works done a long time ago there would be cracks on the inner walls.  There would be cracks outside too.  We are on clay which dries like concrete in the heat and is claggy after rain so lots of properties have suffered subsidence in this area.  It can be sorted!

clio

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2015, 09:48:05 PM »

Its more of will the ceiling cave in, its a old typical 2 up 2 down, stairs run in between the two rooms but he's knock one wall down to expose the stairs so steel gurder is holdind our bedroom up. I'm sure its fine its just me hence the title to this thread paranoid/worrier

Clio

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2015, 09:49:02 PM »

How worried does DH seem? …….. sometimes issues get bigger in my mind until I let them out  ::)

clio

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2015, 08:44:28 AM »

CLKD.......I'm rolling about laughing  :rofl: :rofl:

What does DH stand for ??

I have a nickname for my husband when he's being awkward, a pain in the arse, and argumentative.

I take it DH is my husband??

I playfully call him d##khead!!  But I don't think DH is abbreaveation for that  :P

He's thinks I'm over thinking it and its OK and that I should of mentioned my concern  when we looked round the house......always my fault  >:(

Clio

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2015, 12:09:21 PM »

Dear Husband  ;)

Whilst in my bath I was thinking about this thread and remembered how, when Mum turned 70, I became extremely worried that she would die: 'cos people do die, at 70 don't they …….. not that we are close but I was extremely worried to the point that I was phoning her every day!

She's a healthy 88!
Pages: 1 [2]