Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan making me wee at night!  (Read 4030 times)

Nina

Utrogestan making me wee at night!
« on: March 02, 2015, 10:45:55 AM »

Hellooooo!

I'm 3 weeks in to Oestrogel and utrogestan. Love love love it, I feel great. Was on prempak then elleste duet 2mg and it did reduce hot flushes and anxiety/adrenaline surges but still I felt jittery? and never got a good nights sleep.

Well this new regime is fab!! I told the doctor what I wanted (3 pumps) based on what I gleaned from here and patients where I work (chemist - yes I am nosey but most women love to talk about it!)

Anyhoo I've noticed that the utrogestan wakes me up for the loo in the night which I gather is not unusual, so I wondered if using it vaginally would alleviate the need?

Gosh I know in the general scheme of things it's minor but I thought I'd ask :)

Btw, my doc was great, said this forum was his 'go to' website for up to date info. Also, I was the first to ask for this combo, so he'd never prescribed it.

Just goes to show right?  I went in with a specific "I want to change my hrt to this , this many pumps (worked out with the help of this website) etc" and he said "okay do you want one month or three" ha ha

dazned

Re: Utrogestan making me wee at night!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 10:51:55 AM »

Glad you have a clued up GP !  ;)

Hope you continue to keep well x

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 11:03:13 AM »

Wow Nina that's amazing! Glad to hear about good docs!  :)

My doc was the same - about giving me what I asked for. Although she had prescribed bio-identical progesterone for years (as Cyclogest) she hadn't come across utrogestan but readily gave it to me. The other doc ( my regular GP) hadn't heard of it but looked it up in her book and was happy to give it.

I think it really pays to know what you are talking about, what you want and why you want it - although from what I've read on here,  unfortunately some docs take the huff still that one is displaying perhaps greater knowledge than theirs and insist on prescribing what they recommend!

As to the utrogestan - I have only ever used it vaginally and yes I have to get up to wee in the night. Par for the course I'm afraid, but as you say, a minor niggle!

Hurdity x

Nina

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 11:23:41 AM »

;D "taking the huff"

Yes it's very minor indeed really.

I wanted to try it because at 43 ive got a good few years yet on hrt so I wanted a regime that put me in more control iyswim?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 05:25:09 PM »

Nina - I feel lucky if I only get up twice to pee in the night.  I find the Utrogestan taken orally helps me to sleep much better and I can actually go 6 hours without needing to pee.  I'm afraid a more irritated bladder is common with the meno. Pleased to hear you feel good on Utrogestan - are you taking it continuously?
Dg x

Nina

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 06:02:19 PM »

Hi DG no days 15-26. It's easy to put up with the night time wees I guess, I get back to sleep easy enough after. 

There was a time a while back when I thought I would never sleep all night again, it makes my sleep (and dreams) a bit "stronger" than the tablet pg.

Although the Oestrogel has had a marked effect on sleep too.

Everyone should try it!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 07:25:34 PM »

Could you have vaginal atrophy? how is your output in the day-time?

Glad you are finding support in your Surgery - address please  ;)  ;D

Cassie

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 07:30:16 PM »

No have used it vaginally for over 10 yrs never get up at night but I generally have a strong bladder, go in the morning then again late afternoon, prob dont drink enough fluids :)

Nina

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 10:41:13 PM »

Well I did have va just as I started hrt 18 months ago, painful sex but no bladder problems. The doc said it would sort itself out with hrt and mostly it has although I fear I will never be a 'quickie' girl again. Well, I mean, if I can gain access to my special pot of coconut oil first then bring it on, tmi I know :)

It just seems strange really that it's only on the utrogestan that I get up. Although tbf it's only my first week  ;D

I may start my pelvic floor exercises again tomorrow!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 12:42:38 PM »

I find that when I use the vaginal cream [name escapes me] twice a week my symptoms niggle for 24 hours  >:(