Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Stamps up again!  (Read 6033 times)

bramble

Stamps up again!
« on: February 27, 2015, 08:02:09 PM »

The price of stamps are going up again on the 30th March - 63p for 1st class, 54p for 2nd.

Bramble

honeybun

Re: Stamps up again!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 08:17:45 PM »

Think I may well buy a pigeon  :o

Honeyb
X

Dorothy

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 08:56:57 PM »

At this rate it will be cheaper for me to hand deliver most of my things, especially with lower petrol prices  ::)

Wouldn't mind if we had a better service, but increased prices seem to equal a slower delivery around here.  And I don't know why anyone bothers posting 1st class - I've had post send to an identical address from the same town on the same day and the 2nd class has arrived days before the 1st  >:( 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 08:58:09 PM »

We still couldn't drive and deliver most of what we post though!  I've had 'words' with Royal Mail this week and hopefully they will sort out the issues I have raised.  Watch This Space …...

Dorothy

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 09:01:04 PM »

Let me know if it's effective - I'll 'borrow' you to work the same magic on our local postal service!

Best example of crazy postal deliveries was when my aunt in Australia posted me a birthday card 2 days before my birthday that arrived on time.  My other aunt, living just up the road, posted a card 10 days before that arrived 2 days late.  So it takes 12 days to move a card a few miles, but 2 to bring it from the other side of the world...

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 09:05:01 PM »

Yep  ;D

You can 'complain' via the Royal Mail web-site.  They have been really helpful in acknowledging the problem I raised and are hopeful that the problem can be rectified.  If you don't ask you don't get  ;)