Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Runny nose  (Read 8528 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Runny nose
« on: February 27, 2015, 05:21:42 PM »

Years++ ago I noted that Dad's nose dripped.  YUK.  Later I noted that late M in L had similar problems and blast it! my nose seems to run - not a drip but it seeps down and runs round the shape of my nose - DH has the problem too  :(

Anyone else …...

Dancinggirl

Re: Runny nose
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 05:34:53 PM »

Yep - i can relate.  My nose is either too dry or it's runny - drives me nuts.  Dg x

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 06:52:58 PM »

I just read that runny noses at this time of year could be winter hay fever, caused by tree pollens.
http://www.healthcentre.org.uk/allergies/faqs-hay-fever-winter.html

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 07:08:21 PM »

Sorry CLKD it just seems to happen as you get a bit...Ummm older. Hubby has it a bit, always has a tissue to hand, BIL has it, mother has it, sister has it.

Honeyb
X

oldsheep

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 07:08:58 PM »

My nose runs all the time outside except when it's hot and sunny weather.  I should be sponsored by Kleenex! The worst is when it just drips without warning.
Is much drier indoors so I assume it's weather or pollution related.

Tabbycat

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 07:34:31 PM »

Every morning, but only on the left side.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 09:21:21 PM »

This is different to a snuffly nose, which I do have …… this is suddenly noticing that my nose has run …… well seeped  :-\

Joyce

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 11:22:04 PM »

Mine trickles down my throat causing cough. Pain in the butt!

clio

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 09:04:39 AM »

If its what I have its call allergy rhinitis, I developed this along with other symptoms when I was starting on the change. It caused problems with my eustachion tubes......they became blocked and made me go dizzy and a detached  feeling.......horrible. doc use to give me sudafed to shift it, it became an on going problem so decided to see an entire who told me I had enlarged turbinates which blocks the eustachin tube so the fluid couldn't drain which was why I was dizzy and detached. Went to a allergy clinic and I'm allergic to dust and some kind of pollen but not the common ones like hay etc. Apparently its impossible to test you for every flower, tree etc, I use to use a nasel spray called nasafan I think it was recommended by ent, allergy clinic offered me something else but I use antihistamine every other day to keep it at bay. I blow my nose every morning and every other week hold my nose and blow to pop my ears. It also gives me allergy congunctivitis my eyes can sometimes drive me mad which is why I opt for the antihistime which helps with both nose and eyes the nasel spray only sorts my nose out. 

Tell you what you could try first.......sterimar isotonic nasal hygiene, boots have it, no drug in it its like sea water to clean your nose.

Apparently its common to develops allergies when on the change.

There's also some thing called post nasal drip which sounds like what your dad had!

Do a bit of googling with the above, let me know if I can help with anything.

Clio

Dancinggirl

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2015, 10:03:03 AM »

Great post clio
I recently started using the Sterimar spray and it's really helped - safe and easy to use - I usually use it  morning and evening.  DG x

Joyce

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2015, 11:50:57 AM »

I have been prescribed Mometasone Furoate for my post nasal drip. Also have to take antihistamines.

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2015, 12:04:07 PM »

This is outside and down the face {TMI} though …….. the PND is a separate issue.  Old age doesn't arrive alone.

marras

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2015, 08:59:51 AM »

You are right, it comes with all its irritating friends! I seem to have a constantly wet nose (inside) and always have to have a tissue handy. It seems especially worse when I start to eat. If I'm out and I don't have a tissue it will run down onto my top lip and then, just like a kid, I have to surreptitiously use my sleeve!!! Eeeeek!

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2015, 02:07:34 PM »

My eyes often itch, deeply, like there's grit in them  >:( ……….. nose OK today  ::)

oldsheep

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2015, 06:41:30 PM »

the nose runs, the eyes dry up. Lovely isn't it  ::)

salt water can be brilliant. For those of us who don't live by the sea, that Sterimar stuff is good. I lived by the sea in France for nearly 2 years and got prescribed the french equivalent, and when OH saw the cost he told the (amused) pharmacist "I'll just throw her in the sea then"  ;D
Pages: [1] 2