Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Hateful feelings  (Read 13634 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hateful feelings
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2015, 07:21:03 PM »

Is your daughter at an age when she can refuse to visit the GP? if she is of School Age then maybe a Health Visitor at School?  Does the School have a counselling service where she knows that she will have someone to talk with in confidence?

nelliedee

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2015, 08:15:03 PM »

Crying always relieves my feelings, I suppose its a way of releasing the adrenaline but for me it has the desired effect x

TropicalVon69

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2015, 07:22:00 AM »

Me too EM...definitely soothes me....just wish I could cry in the morning.....I just get so wound up and panicky.....esp now starting this hrt.....just want to feel better....totally fed up with it......daughter is 17 clkd and has had counselling set up inside n outside school ...hope you're having a good morning ladies xxx

Kathleen

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2015, 09:49:29 AM »

Hello TropicalVon69.

I just wanted to send you hugs and please don't apologise for posting negative feelings, we all understand your frustrations. Menopause is challenging enough without coping with a teenage daughter!

I hope your HRT brings benefits soon, take care and keep posting.

K. 

nelliedee

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2015, 01:20:38 PM »

Hope your morning went smoothly. I have kept busy as hubby has now gone depressed and I felt I needed to keep him on his toes to stop him dwelling. Not like him at all xx

TropicalVon69

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2015, 03:16:33 PM »

Hi Kathleen, thanks for your words of support....challenging it is lol.....EM felt panicky again this am but managed to get myself to work and home now .....teenage daughter is in bed not at school....driving me up the wall as she refuses all help and is not helping at home which is utterly frustrating as I'm struggling too.....hope your husband has picked up a bit EM....very difficult to keep someone else upbeat when you're not feeling great....hat off to you :-) xxx

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2015, 05:06:37 PM »

How old is your daughter?

CLKD

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2015, 07:23:04 PM »

AAAAH  - difficult age then.  Young; still needing support, but trying Oh So Hard to be an Adult …….

TropicalVon69

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2015, 07:32:04 PM »

Absolutely hard Clkd....know its difficult for her with hormones and teenage issues esp when I'm feeling fragile and having difficulty...really just want to help her but she doesn't want help....feel I'm having to take a step back .....love her so much though x.

nelliedee

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2015, 07:34:42 PM »

I agree 17 is a hard age and you could certainly do with some help. Hopefully the anxiety will ease as the days go on xMy hubby seems a little better this evening, I don't mind supporting him as he has been a rock for me over the years. We are both getting over head colds so I think its dragged him down a little. My anxiety really whips up when I start doing dinner !!! very weird and in fact it went on and on tonight but all gone now I am sitting down and jobs are finished !!! I find that all quite strange x

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2015, 07:55:19 PM »

Do you share your feelings with your daughter?  Does she feel that she has to keep quiet because you are having hormonal problems too …..

CLKD

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2015, 09:03:50 PM »

How have you felt in yourself generally 2-day?

I am better in the evening, once all the commitments are over and done with  ;) - I'm a different person in the mornings  :'(

Dorothy

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2015, 12:13:56 AM »

Hi, So sorry you are having an awful time.

Do you know why your daughter won't see the doctor?  Sounds like she is having a really rough time and there must be lots a GP could do to help (always supposing you have one who is any use at women's issues of course  ::) )

TropicalVon69

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2015, 06:36:23 AM »

The docs have referred daughter for counselling Dorothy but not been much help otherwise to be honest...she is having a bit of a tough time with school.....but she's only got a couple of months left...fingers crossed shell get there xxx..thanks for your comment xxx

CLKD

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2015, 12:41:01 PM »

Does she attend School all the while or does she go in when necessary?

When you begin to feel less stressed and reactionary maybe a sit down with the children and explain that hormones are playing a HUGE part in all your Lives …… that these are natural occurrences but that doesn't make it easier to deal with for any of you.  Ask them how they can help themselves - putting them into control of their rooms, tidying the kitchen table etc.; and what would they like you to do for them ……… that way nothing gets missed and gives them the chance to open up.

What challenge does your daughter have when she finishes School?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4