Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Cutting everol patches in half  (Read 10022 times)

littleminnie

Cutting everol patches in half
« on: February 27, 2015, 06:17:48 PM »

Just been to the doctors for my yearly review. We discussed coming off HRT, I asked about cutting the patches in half and he said he didn't know and I would be better off asking the pharmacist.
But if I couldn't I could change the patch once a week instead of twice a week.
I went to the chemist and he said you shouldn't cut them in half.
Any thoughts ladies?

Ps on the plus side, he's a new doctor at the practice. He listens and has a wonderful bedside manner. (And he's lovely looking).  ::)

Joyce

Re: Cutting everol patches in half
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 06:54:17 PM »

I cut my estradot patches in half. Meno consultant said it was OK.

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 07:10:49 PM »

I cut my evorel patches in half with my doctors blessing. They stick really well and are quite big anyway.

Not a problem, I have been on half patches for about six months now in my cut down toward stopping completely.

Honeyb
X

littleminnie

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 07:24:20 PM »

What bothers me is - they have 2 hormones, are the hormones distributed evenly throughout the patch or is one hormone in one half and the other hormone in the other half.

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 07:52:42 PM »

Are you on conti or sequi. The hormones are a mix throughout the patch I would think. I'm on conti and my GP knows and approves of what I am doing. I intend to keep cutting down over the next couple of years. I will stop when life gets a little easier and there are not so many demands on me and my time. I can cope with the flushes but the lack of sleep is a killer.

I think you will be fine. I didn't go straight to half a patch. I started off cutting a tiny bit off and have eventually got to a half. I intend to stay on a half patch for at least another six months before I start to cut a bit more off.

Honeyb
X

littleminnie

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 09:17:40 AM »

Conti. Wouldn't you think the doctor or chemist would know.

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 01:07:17 PM »

Hi littleminnie

I think it's because cutting them is "off-licence" - so the chemist and the GP may well not know whether it's OK or not. I know Dr Currie endorses this for conti Evorel though because she has said so in the past. I have a feeling it might have even been asked as a question in the magazine.

I would say better to cut them rather than leave for a week because this will give a more consistent dose - although why are you wanting to come off HRT?

Oo-er - not sure about good-looking doctors when having discuss meno problems and other intimate things  ;D

Hurdity x

littleminnie

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 06:08:05 PM »

Ok thanks for that Hurdity. I just want to come off and see if the symptoms have gone.  If not, I will be back on it.
Although he was very good looking, tall and slim, and an excellent bedside manner  ::) he was very professional and helpful.

Shazzie

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2015, 11:09:12 AM »

Hiya

I cut mine in half and so does my dr who uses Evorel patches too.  I think if it's ok for my GP to cut hers in half then it must be ok.

Shazzie xx :)

littleminnie

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2015, 01:46:30 PM »

That's the way forward then. Thank you.