Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: femoston conti  (Read 2906 times)

dazned

femoston conti
« on: February 25, 2015, 08:03:44 PM »

I was wondering if the reason I might be having a bad time changing to femoston conti is because it is a very low dose 1/5
I having the feeling someone said it was quite low for my age 55 but can't remember as I 've been quite muddled .

Still don't really understand the dosages thing as I was on 1 mg progesterone before and now 5 mg so that seems like a big hike to me or are some stronger say like diluted squashes if they're concentrated u don't need as much !  :-\

Now I come to think of it the gyna did say in his words it was a piddling amount  :)

Hope someone can educate me as the internet is either to medical or I'm too stupid !  ;D

hellsiow

Re: femoston conti
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 06:27:48 PM »

Help needed! New to this forum and new to HRT !! Been prescribed femoston-conti 0.5mg and after only a week I am experiencing lower abdominal/pelvic pain, need to go to the loo more frequently and slight discharge!! Is this normal?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 07:00:35 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM hellsiow
It would be better to start your own thread so more ladies can respond with help and advice.
I'd read through the leaflet that came with the HRT as I'm sure it will mention cramps and some discharge and/or bleeding or spotting as quite normal in the first few weeks and months.
A bit more info about you would also be helpful - your age and how long it has been since your last period?
I expect the cramps could be making your bowels work a bit more often and this will settle. Most of these type of side effects settle so it's matter of being patient. I hope that helps.  DG xx

dazned

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 07:02:51 PM »

Hi there and welcome

You would get more answers to your post if you post in the new section,a bit about your age ,wherle you are at in your meno journey etc as this is an old post and you might get overlooked.