Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Femseven Sequi or Conti?  (Read 3424 times)

truffle

Femseven Sequi or Conti?
« on: February 25, 2015, 06:21:11 PM »

It's not exactly a new topic, but I can't find the answer to my question when I do a search. 

I'm 53 and have been on Femseven Sequi for 2 years, using half a patch a week, and I feel fine (I felt absolutely awful before I went on to HRT, couldn't sleep for months).  But my doctor vaguely mentioned I should change to Femseven Conti because I'm not bleeding anymore.  I don't understand - is there any advantage to going on to Conti if I'm perfectly happy with Sequi?  I don't really want to change - and risk it not agreeing with me - if it's unnecessary.  Looking through the forum I noticed quite a few people felt worse when they switched. 

I'd be very grateful if anyone knows any facts about this.

Thanks advance

dazned

Re: Femseven Sequi or Conti?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 07:51:34 PM »

As I understand it femoston conti is used after no bleed for 12 months or after age 54,and as it is continuous you won't / shouldn't get a bleed thus stopping any pms,but sure someone with more experience will put you right.

I have just been changed onto it.

Hope you get sorted soon x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 08:18:52 PM »

Hi truffle and welcome to MM
Your doctor is wrong - you don't need to change to a continuous HRT version. I am 59 and using a sequential HRT and many women choose to continue with sequi HRT and have a bleed each month well into post meno. The progesterone taken continuously can bring more side effects.
I think some doctors think women would prefer to not have a bleed and so move them onto a continuous HRT.
If you are good on your sequi patch then I'd stick with it - 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. 
DG x

truffle

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 11:59:56 AM »

Thanks both of you. 

I agree with the "if it ain't broke..." concept.  Only thing is, I haven't actually had any bleeding at all for about 9 months, on Femseven Sequi (so that's no reason to want to move on to Conti).  I hope it's OK not to have a bleed.  I'll try to get hold of my doctor, but am about to go away - that's why I needed advice in a hurry.

dazned

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 12:56:24 PM »

If you are doing well on something I can no good reason to change it ! I only changed mine because the original type had stopped working for me after 4 years I was further down the line and hence looking for something new . If you are happy on it stay on it  ;) xx