Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Arthritis or Burstitis  (Read 5610 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Arthritis or Burstitis
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2015, 04:58:35 PM »

Trochanteric bursitis - hot, painful and can be relieved with a steroid 'Depo Medrone' injection ……. or not.  I expect that the massage did as much 'good' as the acupuncture ……..  ;) ……… irritation of these various spots are due to constant movement of the joints  :-\

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 01:17:55 PM »

Trochanteric bursitis - hot, painful and can be relieved with a steroid 'Depo Medrone' injection ……. or not.  I expect that the massage did as much 'good' as the acupuncture ……..  ;) ……… irritation of these various spots are due to constant movement of the joints  :-\
Yep, when it was first diagnosed the consultant told me it was quite specific to joggers!  Not something that I have done but then we worked out that it started not long after we got our first dog so I was walking a lot more than I had been.  Don't know if it was the massage or the acupuncture that worked, just glad it's gone for a while  :)

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2015, 03:09:04 PM »

Doesn't matter, so long as you are pain free! 

How's you Honeybun?

honeybun

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2015, 05:21:01 PM »

Was at the GP this morning but it was for my stomach. Anyways I did have a lot to ask her and as usual she was lovely even when I got onto my third well maybe fourth thing  ::)

I am being referred for physio. She will ask for a report from the physio and then decide whether I need an X Ray and to be referred on.
Given the fact I needed to talk about other stuff I thought that sounded quite good.

It has calmed down a lot which is good. I'm rubbing ibuprofen cream on night and morning which is helping.

Stairs are a challenge but as I live in a bungalow  ;D...Mind you I have a house with stairs for my summer holiday....hope it's a bit better by then.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2015, 05:22:26 PM »

Glad that you have a supportive GP! did she recommend any oral medication in case. Hopefully the rubbing in will ease symptoms ……. as for the stairs, you have a DH  ;)

honeybun

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2015, 05:26:02 PM »

I can't take ibuprofen CLKD, not with my tummy. The best I can take is paracetamol.

She did suggest resting....I laughed.

As for carrying me upstairs.....those days have long gone. I will go up on my bum if needs be. We have a downstairs loo so no need to be going up and down all the time.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2015, 05:46:34 PM »

Can't take your Stanna to a holiday place though  ;)
Pages: 1 [2]