Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Not a hot flush but a very red face after sitting down for a while  (Read 6793 times)

Gafias

This is so weird.  I haven't really had hot flushes anyway.  Just a couple of times after rushing to get out of the house, so showering then using a hair dryer. 

What is happening now is that when I sit down for more than say half an hour,  in the car, at my desk, on the sofa my face gets bright red, burning hot. Sometimes one side seems redder and hotter than the other.  The rest of me is a normal temperature, actually a bit on the cool side if anything.

Has anyone else experienced ore heard about this?

BrightLight

Re: Not a hot flush but a very red face after sitting down for a while
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 10:24:18 PM »

Yes. Me :) I get a warm face and its uncomfortable, it does usually happen when I've sat down or am sitting but I don't know why. Sometimes my feet feel cold at the same time. Maybe it's a low level response to hormone shifts. Flushes are overactive responses to temperature change, maybe the warm face is just a different response. A spritz of water on my face or going outside usually calms it down, not always but sometimes.

Gafias

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 11:05:34 PM »

Thanks for that.  I wondered if I was getting into the territory of attributing everything to menopause when it might be something else!

BrightLight

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 11:18:07 PM »

Well, I can't be certain, I've wondered the same but its been happening along with other menopause symptoms, so I have decided it is linked. :)

Limpy

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 01:54:25 PM »

Gafias, I used to get that. Don't get it now I'me on HRT..............