Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Patch change day question  (Read 2652 times)

Sazduggs

Patch change day question
« on: February 23, 2015, 07:15:13 PM »

When it's patch change day how do you go about it?

Do you take the old one off, shower then put on new one or do you put on new one then wait an hour or 2 to take off the old one? Or does it not matter?  I don't want to cause any un-necessary fluctuations.

Also does estrogen get stored in your fat? I think I read somewhere that when you have medical or surgical menopause and everything is suddenly gone, you still produce estrogen for several weeks from the stores in fat cells!! Just wondered if any of you had heard of it  :)

Xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Patch change day question
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 07:18:50 PM »

Oh how interesting - I don't use HRT so can't help I'm sure someone will be along or you can use the 'search' button and type in your type of patch.

Kittyjay

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 07:20:22 PM »

Hi! I now make it an absolute rule to only take my old patch off when I have the other one literally open and ready to go on my skin. Reason for this is simply because I've forgotten to replace it a couple of times when I removed it for bath/shower etc and then found myself bleeding within a few days! I'm just too forgetful at mo to not have the next one ready to go on straight away :) x

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 07:43:29 PM »

I take my old one off, go for a shower, get dressed and dry my hair, put my makeup on, have a cup of tea....then put my new patch on. By that time I am cool and totally dry.

I only use body creams after my patch has been on for a day and always avoid that area.

Honeyb
X

Galadriel

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 07:49:07 PM »

I'm the same as HB, except for the getting dressed and having a cuppa... I make the bed and tidy our room while my skin cools off and then slap a new one on.

Galadriel x

Sazduggs

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 08:24:53 PM »

Thanks ladies xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 08:46:23 PM »

We are a Mine of Information  ;)

Winterose

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 11:54:21 AM »

Stick fresh one on straight after shower in morning and leave new one lying by toothbrush as if its not visible then forget and wake in night feeling hot.

Galadriel

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 01:20:39 PM »

I also have a reminder set on my phone/iPad to remind me when change day is and when to start and stop taking the progestogen pills otherwise I'd forget  ;D

Galadriel x