Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Red bits - relief at last I hope!  (Read 4610 times)

jorainbow

Red bits - relief at last I hope!
« on: December 17, 2014, 09:09:22 PM »

I posted about 6 months ago for some advice on a problem of being very sore and red around my ovulation time and got some fantastic advice re VA. After persistence and probably my GP getting tired of me going on about how sore things were every month, I have been prescribed gynest cream. I still have regular periods and they haven't changed much (possibly a bit lighter) and the only other thing I have noticed is my hair falling out, occasionally a bit hot and sweaty at night and that's about it (so far I have no doubt it'll change!)  Can I ask if there is anything I need to be aware of, any problems with the cream or possible side effects and will it be OK given that I am probably very early stages??  Thanks for advice in advance  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Red bits - relief at last I hope!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 09:26:13 PM »

What does it say on the packet about use?  Follow those directions.  You should find good benefit!

Some ladies find their hair falls out - there are several threads here somewhere.  Fortunately mine has remained in good condition.

You may find that the flushes become more difficult to deal with.  How about talking to your Practice Nurse about other symptoms?  Have a browse, menus left of screen and using the search button you will find relevant threads.

jorainbow

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 07:16:04 AM »

I had avoided reading the side effects leaflet (or should I say essay!) but had a quick look last night so am aware of the possibilities.  I hadn't really put the hair loss down to hormones as I have always lost a bit but it has definitely got worse so I'll mention that at my next visit.  The sweats happen once a month ish so manageable at present and will definitely look at the info on the site - its just good to have people with experience to talk to! I have just started a new relationship a few months back but fortunately he is very understanding and we can even laugh about it but it does get me down when it happens = not least due to the lower stomach pain I experience as well.  Day 2 though and things are definitely more comfy!!!! I did read another thread about it being discontinued though so not sure what will happen there??????

star35

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 10:57:55 AM »

Hi I just started another thread about gynest cream being discontinued, make sure you see your doctor before you run out so you can discuss other options. I have to say though I had been using this for quite a while and I never experienced any problems with it. I found it very good and am not looking forward to trying some thing else.

jorainbow

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 02:50:20 PM »

A bit of an update! Since last posting this problem has not gone away and now I am testing positive for thrush each time.  Last bout started a week ago today and I have had 2 oral tabs and one pessary and though there is no itching, things look red (though less so than a week ago!)  Has anyone else experienced this??  My sex life is starting to suffer though my lovely chap is so supportive its starting to really upset me. My GP also did an internal at the last visit and I have an enlarged uterus too so waiting for a scan ?? fibroids. Any reassurance/advice most welcome  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 02:51:36 PM »

Your lovely chap should be on treatment too!

jorainbow

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 02:58:24 PM »

If you mean for thrush then GP has advised that it isn't needed - its a common misconception apparently - I did ask her.  If that was the case I would get it more than mid-cycle???? 

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 07:59:53 PM »

Sorry to hear you are still having problems and hopefully someone will be able to share their experiences with you and make some suggestions?

Just to say also try not to worry about the scan - it's good that doctors are so vigilant in dealing with any possible problems but I know it's easy for me to say that. Fibroids are very common but good to get checked out.

Hope you don't have to wait too long.  :)

Hurdity x

jorainbow

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2015, 04:20:42 PM »

Thanks I hope so! I'm also having to go for another mole removed in next couple of weeks so things a bit stressful which doesn't help I'm sure! Xx

dahliagirl

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2015, 07:53:04 PM »

I keep getting thrush, or nearly thrush, or nearly BV or whatever.

I didn't test positive for anything and had just had a vaginal op, so GP put me on vagifem (already prescribed by consultant) and that seemed to help.  Until I tried HRT and stopped the vagifem.  Then I restarted the vagifem and it would not quite go away.  Last time it was definitely thrush, I used a tablet and since then I have been using Actigel, which Dancinggirl has tried, and that has had the best effect so far.  I also use a bit more vagifem (3 a week).

It comes on with the cervical mucus, period, condoms, lubricant etc etc.

jorainbow

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2015, 08:56:28 AM »

Thank you! Just looked online and will get some and give it a whirl. Probably going to be a trial and error thing I guess.  They've prescribed one canestan pessary a week for 8 weeks and I'm on yakult and trying to cut out sugary stuff as well. May not be linked but no harm trying. 😊. Going to keep diary of symptoms too. Trying to be proactive!!!!!!

DebsMK

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2015, 07:26:46 PM »

Just popped in to say the Actigel has been really good for me - thank you to Dancing Girl  :)