Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Upping dose  (Read 2879 times)

Sazduggs

Upping dose
« on: February 22, 2015, 11:27:21 AM »

Me again!!!  ;D

After the most horrendous nightmares last night and adrenaline surges with anxiety  :'( I decided to up my evorel patch from 50 to 75 by cutting one in half and slapping it on along side the 50.

About 2 hours after adding it I'm all over the place, headache, dizzy, blurred vision ( although this is ongoing since I was pit into menopause, defo a symptom of low estrogen for me) nausea, uneasy feeling, anxiety, negative feelings, tired.

I'm assuming it just a sort of estrogen surge making big fluctuations happen? and it will settle, if I remember rightly when I was given the 50 two weeks ago I felt a bit like this for 1 day then felt good for 4 then I crashed again, as you all now it's hard to be rational and reassurance is always needed!!!  ;D Just keep wondering how much more E it's going to take for me to feel 'normal' for longer than a few days consistently. 2mg of climavel and now 75 evorel, I am only 34 though so maybe the younger you are the more you need!!  ;)

Thanks again this site is amazing, I have learned so much and knowledge is key to getting through this

dazned

Re: Upping dose
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 12:53:49 PM »

Sorry to hear that you are all over the place and feeling wretched. I know it sounds cliches to say believe me I'm my own worse enemy! But these things unfortunately take time to settle in and while it does I know it's just horrendous but sending you hugs anyway in the meantime xx

nelliedee

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 07:53:11 PM »

hope you are feeling a little easier now xx

Sazduggs

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 08:15:27 PM »

Thank you for your kind words. I felt horrid all day really severe anxiety so I pulled of the extra half patch at 4.30 and I feel a little better now, less anxious. I've read that sometimes too much E can cause more anxiety! I'll ride it out until I can ring my consultant on 2nd march, he is on holiday till then!! I drive him nuts, he has been my gynae for 11 years, 10 surgeries and 2 rounds of ivf, I also work with him in theatres!!!  ;D so  I trust him with my life, he would probably go bonkers if he found out I had upped it anyway!! ::)
Xxx

donnacrichton

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 08:32:12 PM »

I can sympathise with you I have also been my own worst nightmare. I have gone from 75 mcg estradot to 50 mcg as 75 was way too high. Dies anyone know how long before the estrogen stops reducing ti a steady dose?

donnacrichton

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 05:14:34 PM »

Hi just wondering have you settled on a dose as I am having similar issues but still feel high. I've dropped from 75 mcg to 50 but still feeling awful x

Sazduggs

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 05:52:01 PM »

donna,

no not yet, toady I decided to move my 2mg tablet to bedtime as I had a feeling it could be responsible for me feeling like crap, nausea, dizzy, blurred vision etc.  I usually take it at 6am when I wake then all morning I feel awful (this was the same even before the evorel 50 was added) by around 3-4pm I would start to feel more normal, lucid as I call it!! with no headaches, by 7pm I would actually feel quite normal and a bit like the old me, not 100% though.

well I wanted to change the time slowly so I stretched it out to 1pm today then tomorrow ill take it at bedtime.  I actually didn't feel to bad this morning, certainly no nausea or headaches.  then around 4.30 - 5 I have started to feel dizzy, lightheaded, nausea and a headache has begun, It almost feel like a weight pushing down on my brain, up until now I usually feel at my best by this time, even anxiety usually decreases some what by now, but no not today.  I am absolutely convinced that the tablet form of ERT is causing me a big problem, I have no idea why, MAYBE SOMEONE COULD ANSWER THIS FOR ME???? maybe the pill gives a huge surge, I absolutely don't think its a nice steady dose.

I still have terrible tiredness and mood swings, with terrible anxiety, dryness everywhere, eyes are terrible, terrible brain fog and wooly head but the joint pain has gone!!

I see my consultant in a few weeks so I shall mention to him the tablets but im hoping that changing to taking them at bedtime will make a difference.

I don't think i've been high at all yet, what does it feel like?

xxxx

donnacrichton

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 08:24:38 PM »

I'm having bad headaches breast tenderness and constantly aroused ( not in a good way). Constantly anxiety coming & going and really tearful today. I seem to have flushes no matter what dose I'm on. At 75mcg it was like having a massive caffeine overdose. Improved quickly when put on 50mcg but sane symptoms have returned. I've had bloods done still waiting on results.  I am definately absorbing estrogen it seems to be can't get a dose to be stable. Just like yourself I an my own worst enemy and keep trying to get it right and need constant reassurance I am on correct dose

Sazduggs

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 08:59:05 PM »

Oh no that doesn't sound pleasant, I've just come back from my lovely gp who thinks that my IBS has been affecting my absorption of the tablet so she has just given me 100 evorel patch to start tomorrow on its own as that patch change day. Hopefully in 1 week I will see an improvement!! If not I'll try gel!! She did say the first symptom of too high is generally breast soreness.

Xxx

donnacrichton

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2015, 09:48:03 PM »

Good luck x