Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Too much progesterone  (Read 2835 times)

dazned

Too much progesterone
« on: February 18, 2015, 08:28:53 PM »

Day 7 of feeling nauseous, anxious ,and just bursting into tears ,and today a banging headache ( which I never have )

I 've read everything I can til I'm giddy with it all  :'(

I really think femoston conti has too much progesterone for me ,tried for 2 months ,after Estelle duet I can't stand it any longer made an appointment for Friday with gyn wish me luck ,will report his thoughts  x

I hate this awful time ,how do we bear it !!

Hurdity

Re: Too much progesterone
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 08:41:35 PM »

Hi dazned

Sorry to hear you are feeling rough - and especially the headache.

I think we might have discussed this before but I've been away on mini holiday for couple of days and my brain has completely forgotten what everyone's doing!

Is this the first time you are feeling rough on the Femoston conti and are you post-menopausal? Unfortunately some women do react badly to progestogens and also some with oral HRT. Might I suggest you either go onto cyclical HRT so that you only take the progestogen for a short time each cycle or switch to a transdermal HRT which is recommended for those who suffer migraones as having less of this type of side effects?

Are you able to get referred to a menopause clinic? Oh I see you are having an appointment with a gynae - that sounds good - is this a first appointment? If we are able to help with anything specific before then do please ask!

You do need the progestogen to keep the uterus lining thin - and it is unfortunate that many women react to this being taken externally when they were fine with their own (endogenous) progesterone.

Good luck  :)

Hurdity x

dazned

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 08:58:20 PM »

Hi Hurdity, hope you had a great time away.  :)

Ian 55 and was on Estelle duet quite happy for 4 yrs but started to get old symptoms creeping back occasionally so went to get hrt tweaked he thought at my age a non bleed one would be the way forward,been on femo conti now 8 weeks with no problems but think  progesterone building up .

Thanks so very much for all your support. Why is it at the moment all caring makes me cry ... Damn you hormones ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 11:01:46 PM »

Progesterone doesn't suit everyone  ::) - visit your Pharmacist they have private rooms these days.  Also keep a food/mood diary?

dahliagirl

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 11:24:26 AM »

Unfortunately, you seem to have changed the type of progestogen used and the dose at the same time. My doctor said it is best to change things one at a time, so you know what is/isn't working, and this seems to make sense.

Do the Elleste duet and femoston conti have the same dose of estrogen?