Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Very heavy period on utro and evorel  (Read 2049 times)

Dandelion

Very heavy period on utro and evorel
« on: February 20, 2015, 12:58:07 PM »

I had a really really heavy period, today, blood leaked on the floor in the bathroom, when I got up.
I think it is because the period before last was scant, and I started using vaginal utro last month.
I don't mind, it's a small inconvenience, as I really like my evorel and utro, even though I may have to slightly up the dose on evorel next time.

Hurdity

Re: Very heavy period on utro and evorel
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 08:26:02 PM »

Oh Dandelion - poor you! That must have been a shock especially as you only had a light period last time. How amazing that you manage to be so philosophical about a heavy period because you are determined to persevere with the treatment.

If you are still peri-menopausal then your hormone levels may well still be fluctuating themselves, but equally it might be that your lining had built up due to insufficient progesterone compared to the oestrogen - and it's now all coming away.  I can't remember - did you take utrogestan orally last time then? At least it's a good thing that it's coming away and you have also increased your oestrogen dose (I think) so maybe this also has made the bleed heavier - how long is it since you started the higher dose of Evorel?

Anyway hope the bleed doesn't last too long and isn't so bad next month. Make sure you have enough iron if you are bleeding heavily ie iron rich foods.

Hurdity x

Dandelion

Re: Very heavy period on utro and evorel
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 08:48:26 PM »

Oh Dandelion - poor you! That must have been a shock especially as you only had a light period last time. How amazing that you manage to be so philosophical about a heavy period because you are determined to persevere with the treatment.

If you are still peri-menopausal then your hormone levels may well still be fluctuating themselves, but equally it might be that your lining had built up due to insufficient progesterone compared to the oestrogen - and it's now all coming away.  I can't remember - did you take utrogestan orally last time then? At least it's a good thing that it's coming away and you have also increased your oestrogen dose (I think) so maybe this also has made the bleed heavier - how long is it since you started the higher dose of Evorel?

Anyway hope the bleed doesn't last too long and isn't so bad next month. Make sure you have enough iron if you are bleeding heavily ie iron rich foods.

Hurdity x
Hi Hurdity thanks.

I am coming to the end of my three month trial of evorel 75
I used to take urto orally, but I could never make it on an empty stomach, last month I took it vaginally.
I agree it may be the different utro delivery method that may have made all of the lining come away.
It wasn't clots, just a load of red blood. I had a hole in my jamas at the top inside leg, and the blood somehow made it out of my pants and sanitary towel, and onto the floor.
It's one of the heaviest periods I have ever had, the other was just before I started hrt, when I had to change tampon every 2hrs or so for a daytime, super plus ones all the time when flow is heaviest.
I think it's calmed down now, I only had to change tampon once about halfway through the day, and so far, no heavy blood-logged tampons.
It made me think of women who have heavier periods, and how do they manage, I remember one at work and blood went through her clothes.
My mum also had heavy periods before her hysto.
I dunno how they cope, must be forever changing sanitary wear and clothing :(