Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Am new !  (Read 3226 times)

hunnisett565

Am new !
« on: March 16, 2015, 09:46:08 PM »

Hello.. Can't wait to start my Elleste Duet 1mg in two weeks ..! Had a great chat to my doc, she was fab.. I think looking back over the last two yrs I think I should have started on HRT a while ago, flushes, insomnia, brain fog, irritable, Aches and pains, thinning hair, tearful, feeling down, socially withdrawing at times, hating things then next thing I love them again, weird? Half a stone heavier, more so on my torso, boobs, shoulders and tummy, bit worried about further weight gain but will see how it goes... Loving reading all the comments, it's made me so feel I am not alone and going mad !

Rhubarb

Re: Am new !
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 03:24:40 AM »

Welcome Hunnymummy! I love reading all the posts here too, it's made such a difference to have that feeling that I'm not alone.

hunnisett565

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 07:23:32 AM »

Thank you ! I forgot one thing,..major too, migraines , never ever suffered with them before, I am 48 and they started about 4 yrs ago, and boy when they come I have it for nearly 3 days..  I also find my confidence took a dive, anxiety a little too, all resulting in chopping and changing jobs for a few years, two I only lasted a day and came home crying saying I couldn't go back! In a nice job I like now, but I dread the migraines as I find that hard at work.

Do most people on Elleste find they sleep better ? That's one thing I am so hoping to improve, I don't have major sweats, now and again, more so hot flushes in bed really, but it makes me toss and turn and have such a restless night..looking to improve my life and get back to feeling normal again.... Instead of a tearful, low, confused person...I am trying to contain my weight now and get into a habit of cutting out the crap, I feel bloated when I wake up in the morning and that's before I have started the Elleste ! Will give it all a go and try it for a couple of months, if not then will try something else... Will keep you all posted !

honorsmum

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 09:02:57 AM »

Welcome!

How great that you've got a doctor who is supportive - seemingly rare, and definitely half the battle!
No experience of HRT here (yet), but I hope it works for you.x

peegeetip

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 11:04:51 AM »

Glad you joined us.

Is there a reason for the 2 week delay?

Also its good your aware of the bloating before hand as some tend to blame new HRT for a lot of things we actually had before (like sore boobs too).

As for the sleep, things that are annoying or worrying will still keep you awake but on the whole I sleep much better now that I'm using HRT. :)

:-*

hunnisett565

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 08:52:34 PM »

2 week delay because I have to take it on the first day of my next period! ?? Well I feel bloated enough before taking HRT and sore and bloated boobs ! So unless I blow up like a balloon then all should be well ! I will keep you posted ! And will keep a constant eye on the scales ! Probably the only thing I could be disappointed in if I put on a lot of weight.. Been lucky so far in my life not to be too weighty.. 5'3.. Always been about 8'10 but over the last two yrs it's creeping on now 9'5.. More so on top.. Middle age spread I suppose ? So will be very interesting to see if it creeps on even more! Thanks for the replies ..

peegeetip

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 11:38:28 AM »

I was just told to start taking immediately but I could have been in for a long wait for my next one LOL :)

It has not crept on any further since I start thank goodness.

Remember don't see this as a short term fix, it will help you on the long term.

Other things you've mentioned should be helped sooner though.

Here's hoping it helps you soon.

:-*

dazned

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2015, 12:20:44 PM »

I took Estelle duet 1 mg for 4 years worked for me when I had all the symptoms you have so hopefully you will have the same results too . Good luck.

hunnisett565

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2015, 10:26:56 PM »

Thank you ! Fingers crossed !

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2015, 08:03:01 AM »

:welcomemm:

Taz x