Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: heady hot flush  (Read 2614 times)

toffeecushion

heady hot flush
« on: February 11, 2015, 07:17:35 PM »

How do you feel during a hot flush?  Do any of you have a weird off balance feeling, like your ears are blocked and you are off balance?

Taz2

Re: heady hot flush
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 09:37:41 PM »

Yep - combined with raised heart rate, feeling of doom, slight nausea, feeling like you need to rush to the loo, fatigue, blocked nose. Perfectly normal unfortunately.

Taz x  :)

toffeecushion

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 09:42:45 PM »

Thanks for replying.  I'm not so sure it was a hot flush now.  I felt a bit woozy headed and then felt very very hot, burning really, my hear rate and blood pressure rose and I felt very off balance.  It all lasted about 5 minutes but still feeling off balance,  my feet are freezing and I keep needing to have a wee. Maybe it was a hot flush and I have panicked myself and am left feeling anxious.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 10:05:47 PM »

It does sound like a hot flush and, as you say, this may have now caused you anxiety. Mine used to last around four minutes all told and before I went onto HRT they ended up happening every twenty minutes although they had turned into hot sweats by then. You do get used to the feeling and then you are not panicky because you know the cause and you know how long they last. My feet are freezing but that's because the door is open to the utility room  ;D

Taz x

toffeecushion

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 10:09:49 PM »

I had just eaten a spicy chilli about an hour before and I have read spicy foods can trigger a hot flush.  Feet have warmed up now :)

Millykin

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 10:13:05 PM »

Definatly sounds like a flush then going into anxiety. Everything you describe used to happen to me. Flush would last 5 mins but the after effects palps raised BP feeling terrible then I would go cold and shake from head to toe for hour or so till I calmed down. You get used to it then it gets less and less. My HRT helped loads, have had odd blip but nothing like first couple of times. I used to think a flush was just feeling hit but it goes into snxietu cause we are unsure of what is happening. Hope you feel better soon x

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 10:19:45 PM »

Oh it's a horrible feeling.

Anything hot used to set me off, even a cup of tea. As soon as I sat down for a meal off I went. I used to sit at the table with a little battery fan. The family got used to it. Also as soon as I turned the light off at night, another flush.

I know it's not nice but when you accept them for what they are you don't panic so much.

Honeyb
X

toffeecushion

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 10:48:35 PM »

Thank you all so much for reassuring me.  I am now worried about going to sleep incase I still feel like this in the morning, whereas sleep is probably what I need.