Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: I am Lindilou...  (Read 5403 times)

Lindilou

I am Lindilou...
« on: February 10, 2015, 07:59:48 AM »

I typed a message last night and forgot to 'post' it.  :o  ;D

My name is Lindilou and I am in Mid Wales.  I  was on HRT a few years ago for 5 years then had to come off it because I believe you can only stay on it for a cpl of years.

I have Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid) and CFS so most of the time don't really feel too good.  My thyroid levels were doing just fine until the Endo decided to up the dose last May and since then I have felt dreadful.  I am going to listen to my own body and what it tells me from now on.

Hope to be on this forum for a long time.  :)

Limpy

Re: I am Lindilou...
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 10:01:41 AM »

Hi Lindilou - Welcome to MM.
Lots of info in menus on the left hand side

:welcomemm:

Lindilou

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 10:16:26 AM »

Limpy,  :thankyou:

peegeetip

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 10:32:49 AM »

Welcome to the forum.

Just to confirm incase you don't have time to search.

The british menopause society release guidelines on HRT.
They have said there should be no arbitrary limit to how long we are allowed to take HRT.

So taking it for a couple, or upto 5 years is old news now.
Unfortunately a lot of the docs don't see it like that yet :(

Also in terms of safety its worth taking a look at the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZSztD9p4co&list=PLAjwoYuItHS-4jvjL6gJgM7o-vpr0PVk6&index=4

This gives you upto date information on the HRT safety.

Hope that helps :)

:-*

Lindilou

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 10:59:05 AM »

Thanks very much peegeetip (love your username !) will check that out later today, have to nip out for a bit.  :thankyou:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 11:00:15 AM »

:welcomemm:  "forgot to post it" - you'll fit right in  ;) [we have a thread about doing silly things so you are in good company  ;D]

Browse round!

Rhubarb

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 07:00:45 PM »

Welcome Lindilou :) I sometimes type text messages then forget to "send". How silly is that?

I live in Ohio, but our family drove all around the UK last year and stayed a few days in Wales (Abergavenny). It was very nice there, we'd like to go back again.

Lindilou

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 07:09:17 PM »

Welcome Lindilou :) I sometimes type text messages then forget to "send". How silly is that?

I live in Ohio, but our family drove all around the UK last year and stayed a few days in Wales (Abergavenny). It was very nice there, we'd like to go back again.

Hello Rhubarb, yes Wales is a very beautiful place, I couldn't leave it.  :)

honorsmum

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2015, 08:25:24 PM »

Where in mid Wales are you, Lindilou? I'm in the Vale of Glamorgan.

Rhubarb - we had a weekend away in the Black Mountains near Abergavenny a couple of weeks ago...stunning!

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2015, 08:37:09 PM »

We lived in the Aberystwyth area for several years.  We have had many holidays back there since and miss the sea SO MUCH!

honorsmum

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 08:59:04 PM »

We lived in the Aberystwyth area for several years.  We have had many holidays back there since and miss the sea SO MUCH!

We are very lucky here - we are 15 minutes away from the Heritage coast and some wonderful beaches.

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2015, 08:59:27 PM »

Lucky you ……..

honorsmum

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2015, 09:08:52 PM »

Lucky you ……..

We really are (except there's a dog ban October to Easter...). The countryside here is beautiful too - I can see hills and sheep from our bedroom window, and we're less than an hour from the Brecon Beacons.

Rhubarb

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2015, 03:50:37 AM »

Lucky you ……..

We really are (except there's a dog ban October to Easter...). The countryside here is beautiful too - I can see hills and sheep from our bedroom window, and we're less than an hour from the Brecon Beacons.

I wish I could see sheep from my window, how peaceful. Are the Black Mountains in Brecon Beacons? We didn't have enough time there, but we'll be back. Our daughter wants to go to uni either in Swansea or Glasgow for a year, so hopefully we will visit while she's there. We have friends in Lincolnshire to visit too.

Lindilou

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2015, 08:28:18 AM »

I'm in Powys, we like to visit Powys Castle and Lake Vyrnwy.

Where in mid Wales are you, Lindilou? I'm in the Vale of Glamorgan.

Rhubarb - we had a weekend away in the Black Mountains near Abergavenny a couple of weeks ago...stunning!