Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Coming off Elleste Duet after one month  (Read 29055 times)

peegeetip

Re: Coming off Elleste Duet after one month
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2015, 06:57:26 PM »

As we've already discussed on this thread its way too earlier to think about stopping at 1 month never mind 3 days ;)

This is exactly what I tried to cover above.

There is every chance that the increase in estrogen can have effects on your emotions initially as they increase and start to get to balanced levels again.

I felt like crying. I was anxious and scared mainly about the warnings my doc gave me initially.
I was almost paranoid someone found out I had started HRT too. Which didn't help me.
The doc gave me a guilt trip about not doing it myself and this made me angry at being a failure.

HRT is not by anyway being a failure. As would taking any other drug for the benefit of our health.

Keep with it as things will improve TropicalVon.

:-*

Millykin

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2015, 07:16:31 PM »

Just to echo what has already been mentioned, stick at it! I started HRT 10 months ago took a little while to settle but it's worth it when I look back to where i was and where I am now no comparison. Elleste didn't suit me I'm now on Femoston which I find great. X

honeybun

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2015, 08:22:39 PM »

I put on my first patch at age 49. Well two days before my 49th birthday. We had a BBQ and invited family and friends and I told just about everyone what I had stuck on my bum. Yes I felt a little bit sick but I was positive that soon I would feel good....and I did. I was entering another phase of my life and I was not ashamed but empowered that I was taking control again.

Why on earth should we bother whether people find out or not.....who really cares.

I asked for patches because I read they are the kindest and best tolerated, my doctor happily gave me what I asked for......but......if they made me feel ill I would have given it a month and the gone back to my GP to try something else.

For me my flushes went within a couple of weeks and the rest followed within a month which I think is pretty standard with patches.

We know our own bodies best, but for me now if I had any doubts....which I did when I switched from sequi to conti.....I checked with Dr Currie to make sure.

We can give advice based on our own experiences, we can quote papers and studies but none of us....as far as I know have studied medicine and have a special interest in menopause......so consult the expert. ....Dr Currie.

Honeyb
X

Mandy-Joe

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2015, 09:12:15 PM »

Thank you all for your concern, I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.
I'm 50 in April and had two proper periods last year, around February and September, and a bit of spotting September and October. I first started getting irregular 5 years ago.
I was doing great, all the brain fog, anxiety and multitude of other symptoms had gone, I was happy again and getting on top of my diet at last....then the hot flushes, night sweats and very little sleep kicked in, which made me decide to try HRT.
I've had a talk to my husband tonight and I've decided I'm going to stop taking it.  The flushes are bad, but will hopefully ease with time.  I seem to have swapped those for sore breasts, bad skin, low mood and the return of periods and associated cramps.  I know these will improve with time, but then the day will come when I have to deal with the flushes, so I may as well do it now.
Does anyone know if I should take the last two tablets of the strip, or can I give up now?
It's great being a woman isn't it? ::)
Good luck to everyone whatever route they take x

peegeetip

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2015, 09:17:55 PM »

Finish the prog part first.

Then you'll have your period.

Then all the best for the next stage of your life.

Millykin

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2015, 09:21:19 PM »

Ye I would finish pack. Glad you've come to a decision. Hope it goes well for you. Keep us updated. Stay positive.  :)
X

Essexragdoll

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2015, 08:10:55 AM »

Hi Mandy Joe, like you I am also on my first month of HRT and although I feel slightly better, I am still very worried about taking it. I have a few family members ( not close) who have had to deal with breast cancer and it is always in the back of my mind, so really not comfortable taking the tablets. I always like to do things naturally, and think that maybe I reached for the pills too early, without trying other things. However my anxiety about the BC could be made worse by my fluctuating hormones, so I am going to persevere with the HRT for the 3 months that the Dr recommended and then review it from there. Please keep in touch and let us know how you get on x

peegeetip

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2015, 09:33:54 AM »

Hi Essexragdoll

from what I've said already we're more at risk of BC from alcohol and other things we eat and use each day.

I don't think you can reach for the pills too early.

Recent studies are looking to the protective aspects of HRT being there for those who start it earlier in Peri or remain on the Pill longer into Peri.
The protection for heart disease, circulation, urinary, va and other areas are reduced the longer we put off starting HRT.

If some feel its too much of a risk then that is their decision and we can only try to support them as best we can from there on.

I hope the next 3 months go well for you Essex. I do mean well in saying that you might be expecting too much too soon depending on your symptoms your trying to relieve. At 3 months I'd not seen some of the good results I experience after 6 months.

Take care for now.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 09:38:07 AM by peegeetip »
Pages: 1 [2]